– MQDC, the developer of WHIZDOM 101 Lifestyle Complex, has organized a 3-minute short film competition under the topic ‘My Third Place’ with a prize of a study trip to Japan worth THB500,000. The winning entry will be directed and produced by professionals for publishing on various media
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC), a subsidiary of DTGO Corporation, has organized a 3-minute short film contest under the theme ‘My Third Place at WHIZDOM 101 Lifestyle Complex’ with movie workshops for students at Bangkok, offering an opportunity to study visit Fuji TV and TV Asahi in Japan. The winning entry will be directed and produced by professionals for publishing on various media.
Mr. Suttha Ruengchaipaiboon, President of MQDC, a subsidiary of DTGO Corporation, said, “MQDC wants to support the short film contest ‘My Third Place at WHIZDOM 101 Lifestyle Complex’, which gives a good living experience every day, to bring knowledge out of the classroom, to create actual works, and concretely help develop future potential.
We have teamed up with well-known film director Mr. Surakrich Sattatam and with Mr. Patara Vijjupanont, Founder & Strategic Communications Strategy Manager, Pixel Serum, for a technical workshop on short films to be given at leading academic institutions throughout Bangkok such as Bangkok University at Rangsit Campus, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat University at Rangsit Campus, and Assumption University (ABAC).
The competition opened for storyboard submissions in late March until 31 May 2018. From an initial selection of 20 teams, 5 groups and their leaders will join a workshop with the board to gather ideas for implementing their storyboards. With a budget of THB30,000 each, all 5 concepts will be filmed over two weeks.
The awards are divided into 2 main categories:
1) Winner: The winning team selected by the board will study visit Fuji TV and TV Asahi in Japan and their entry will be produced by a professional team to be published online and on BTS media.
2) Popular Vote – Vote LIKE & SHARE:
The team that receives the most votes from the online broadcasts will go to study visit Fuji TV and TV Asahi in Japan.
Mr. Surakrich Sattatam “Keng”, well-known film director said “Do not close your mind and others. All ideas are always useful. Please make the best. Everyone has the opportunity.”
Project period: 26 March 2018 – 30 September 2018
Entries accepted from 26 March 2018 to 31 May 2018.
– Public Relations: Students are invited to participate in the contest. These activities will be promoted to universities nationwide through printed media such as posters and leaflets, as well as academic seminars on campus. An expert on short films will give lectures at universities around Bangkok.
– Students work in teams with up to 4 members
– Each team submits a storyboard for a 3-minute short film based on the contest’s topic
– Each team can submit only 1 work
– Entries must not be submitted to other competitions
– Students can submit their entries at participating faculties and universities or at www.whizdom101bangkok.com, identifying their submissions as for the short film competition by WHIZDOM 101 under the topic ‘My Third Place’.
– First round selection: The board will select 20 entries from all submissions as finalists
– All 20 teams will present their work to the board, which will pick 5 teams
– All 5 teams will participate in a workshop with the board and gain advice for completing their storyboards for short films. With a budget of THB30,000 each over two weeks, all 5 works will be filmed and broadcast on the internet. The winning team chosen by the board and the team that wins the popular vote online will both travel to Japan.
– The 5 winners of the short film contest ‘My Third Place’ will be announced.
– The work of the winning team will be filmed again by a professional team for publishing online and on media on the BTS.
The winning team’s entry will be reshot by professionals for publishing online and on BTS media.
The team that wins the most votes will go to study visit Fuji TV and TV Asahi in Japan for 5 days and 3 nights in September.
WHIZDOM 101 Lifestyle Complex’s short film contest ‘My Third Place’ timeline
Application deadline: 26 March – 31 May 2018
Project seminar: 26 March – 30 April 2018
Entry deadline: 31 May 2018
First judging committee: June 2018
(Selected 20 finalists)
Presentation & workshop: June 2018
(Selected 5 finalists)
Awards ceremony: July 2018
The winning entries will be produced by a professional team: August 2018.
Short film release: September 2018
Study tour to Japan: September 2018
1. Dates are subject to change without prior notice.
2. All submitted works are copyright of Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited.
3. The board’s decision is final.
4. Photos of all project activities will be sent to the media for public relations in various channels.
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC)
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation (MQDC) is a business unit of DTGO Corporation Limited (DTGO) that develops, invests in, and manages villa, condominium, and mixed-use projects with a corporate commitment ‘for all well-being’.
MQDC develops residential and mixed-use projects under the luxury Magnolias brand and the youthful, urban Whizdom brand. The company has also set up The Aspen Tree to provide eldercare residences and full-spectrum services, enabling ‘aging in place’ and the recently mixed use quality project ‘The Forestias’.