Leading Asian hospitality group Dusit International hosted the second golf invitational with royal patronage, The Queen’s Cup Dusit International Golf Invitational, on 15 October 2014 at the Riverdale Golf and Country Club.
The event was held to benefit the Princess Sirindhorn Craniofacial Center of the Thai Red Cross Society, the first and largest craniofacial centre in Southeast Asia.
Dusit International’s Chief Operating Officer Mr David Shackleton welcomed various VIPs to the event, from the corporate world, Thai society and government dignitaries, including Tourist Authority of Thailand Governor Khun Thawatchai Arunyik.
After the shotgun tee-off at 12 p.m., guests enjoyed a day of golf on the scenic course where they had the chance to win a Ducati Hyperstrada with a Hole-in-One.
The day was followed by a buffet dinner reception where guests were thanked for their attendance and kind sponsorship of the charity. An auction was also held, with guests bidding for travel packages to further support the charity.
“We are honoured to be able to host a second Dusit golf event with royal patronage this year,” said Mr Shackleton. “We humbly thank Her Majesty The Queen for her patronage and proudly present our contribution of nearly THB500,000 to aid the Princess Sirindhorn Cranofacial Center of the Thai Red Cross Society.”
In addition to Dusit International, sponsors of this event included: Wongtawan, Devarana Spa, Le Cordon Bleu, Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways, Asiana Airlines, Nike, Boonrawd (Singha), Thai Namthip (Coke), Samsung, Ducati, Srixon, American Express and True Corporation.
Organisers and VIP guests of The Queen’s Cup Dusit International Golf Invitational 2014 pose for a photo on the Riverdale Golf and Country Club. Pictured from left to right:
- Mr. Jiri Kobos – Vice President of Operations, Dusit International
- Mr. Surapong Techaruvichit – President of Thai Hotel Association
- Mr. Suraphon Isarangura Na Ayuthya – Executive Vice President, Thai Airways (Commercial)
- Mr. David Shackleton – Chief Operating Officer, Dusit International
- Mr. Thawatchai Arunyik – Governor, Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Mr. Thongyoo Suphavittayakorn – Commercial and Press Committee, Association of Thai Travel Agents
- Mr. Tatcha Riddhimat – General Manager, dusitD2 Chiang Mai
- Mrs. Jurairat Sirisambhand – Director of Partnership Marketing & Advertising, Dusit International
- Mr. Preecha Niyomkaewwattana, Global Client Manager, American Express (Thai) Co., Ltd.