What better way to celebrate Loy Krathong, the Thai Festival of Light, than in the magical ancient Kingdom of Lanna at The Dhara Dhevi! Dine by moonlight with a Northern Thai style buffet as the cool breezes of November sweep up your hot air balloon Krathong (Khom Loy) up into the sky, releasing all your misfortune.
Loy Krathong is celebrated annually in Thailand on the 12th full moon following the Thai Lunar calendar. The word “Loy” means to float and a “Krathong” is a small circular raft that is made from banana tree trunks. This little raft is decorated specially with elaborately folded banana leaves, flowers, candles and incense. Krathongs are then released into the river or floated up into the sky in a hot air balloon (Khom Loy). The ceremony is one of spiritual cleansing as one venerates the Lord Buddha with light, with the floating raft symbolizing the letting go of our grudges and past grievances. This act is believed to bring good luck and also honor the Thai river goddess, Phra Mae Khongkha.
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai has a perfect offer to make your Loy Krathong celebration a cultural experience you will always cherish.
- 2 night accommodation in Deluxe Villa (between 2 to 5 November 2017)
- Daily Buffet Breakfast at Akaligo Restaurant for 2 persons
- One set of Afternoon Tea at Dhara Dhevi Cake Shop for 2 persons
- One complimentary extra bed for child under 12 years
- 15% discount on Spa treatment during stay
- Northern Thai Buffet Dinner at Le Grand Lanna Restaurant on 3 November for 2 persons including 1 hot air balloon (Khom Loy), traditional Lanna Shows and 1 beautiful Krathongs made of banana leaves
The price is from THB 58,000+++ per package in deluxe villa, exclusive of service charge and taxes.