Jahn at Conrad Koh Samui, today celebrates winning three global awards at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards 2016 by presenting a new tasting menu. Created by Conrad Koh Samui’s Executive Chef, Amporn Choeng-Ngam, the impressive dinner menu is named the ‘Journey of Jahn’. This dinner menu harmoniously combines traditional Thai cooking techniques and flavours to offer guests an opportunity to try some of Thailand’s most traditional dishes.
Inspired by a story of a local fisherman, farmer, and hunter who lived a simple life on a tropical Thai island, Chef Amporn carefully crafted the five-course Journey of Jahn so that each dish would celebrate the culture and produce of Koh Samui. He thoughtfully selected and worked with local ingredients such as fresh coconut, red tuna, and lobster to match with old and new world wines.
The Journey of Jahn dinner menu comprises of:
- Amuse Bouche – 3 kinds of Thai snacks; Toong Thong, Miang Kum, and Por-Pia Thod.
These famous Thai hors d’oeuvres are served in canapé style.
- Appetizers – Plaa Pla Bai Bua: seared red tuna with Thai herbs, lemon and mint sauce.
This creation is inspired by a story of a fisherman who starts his daily routine early in the morning, catching fish to eat and to sell at the fresh market. Chef serves this dish on a misted-lotus leaf, reminiscent of the morning dew.
- Appetizer 2 – Goong Yang Ma Prow Hom: grilled lobster with Thai herbs and coconut reduction served in red curry sauce with tapioca pearls.
This dish features famous local ingredients – coconut and lobster – as well as combining the cooking techniques of the fisherman in the story. Chef grills the lobster with local-wood charcoal and seasons it with fresh coconut and a secret spice recipe from the fisherman.
- Entrée – A choice between Gai Ob Fang – sous-vide chicken breast and fresh wheat grain served with Thai dipping sauce and smoky single malt whisky – or Kha Naa Moo Krob – roasted crispy pork with Thai kale and ruby sauce.
- Gai Ob Fang is inspired by a farmer’s life after harvesting season. For this dish, Chef evokes the diners’ senses with the aromas of the harvesting season by smoking the dish at the table using lit rice straws.
- Kha Naa Moo Krob tells a story of a hunter. Chef transforms this simple yet flavourful local favourite with his deft culinary skills and introduces a red sauce which symbolizes the victory of a hunting game.
- Dessert Set – Thai Melon Ice-cream, Midori syrup and Gluay Tup: Grilled banana, banana parfait, almond crumbles and blossoms with caramel sauce. Beautifully presented in a petal of banana blossom, this dessert highlights the sweetness of Thailand and shines a spotlight on sweet treats from local markets.
The ‘Journey of Jahn’ dinner set menu is priced at THB 2,999* per person (food only) or THB 5,199* per person with wine pairing (subject to VAT and service charge). Conrad Koh Samui offers a complimentary round trip transfer for patrons wanting to experience this newest dinner set menus. Simply make your reservations a minimum of 6-hours in advance and the resort concierge will send a limousine to pick you up in style from anywhere on Koh Samui.
For more information and dinner reservations, call our Conrad Service at +66 (0) 77 915 888 or email email@example.com. To learn more about or connect with Conrad Koh Samui, please visit www.conradhotels.com/kohsamui.