CHI BRAND PHILOSOPHY:
In traditional Chinese philosophy, chi or qi is the universal life force that governs well-being and personal vitality. For people to maintain good health, it is believed that chi must flow freely within the body, and when blocked, ‘dis-ease’ and illness follow. Movement is, therefore, a key element in releasing blockages. Body massage, exercise, stretching, hydrotherapy and movement of the mind through relaxation and meditation combine to assist the body’s natural renewal and form the basis of the CHI spa philosophy.
Massage is an ancient and natural healing method found in traditional systems of medicine and is shared by many Asian cultures. Massage has been taught from generation to generation and this therapeutic method of care remains an important and viable means of restoring and maintaining vitality. The spectrum of Asian massage therapies shares at their core an understanding of the body as an energy system. From Chinese meridians to Thai sen and Japanese ki, many cultures recognise various points and pathways lying within the body that hold the key to health and vitality.
OPENING: 28 July 2004
SPECIAL FEATURES AND FACILITIES:
• Treatment suites with expansive views of the Chao Phraya River and private access to the secluded swimming pool of the hotel’s exclusive Krungthep Wing
• Six spa suites designed for couples (at 80 square metres) featuring the “spa-within-a- spa” concept with a private steam and shower, a relaxation lounge and changing, toilet and vanity areas
• Three treatment suites for singles with private facilities
• One treatment suite for Thai Massage singles with private facilities
• Studio massage room with four comfortable massage chairs for an express 30-minute massage
• Spa boutique with CHI, The Spa’s branded retail lifestyle products, including Pañpuri Thai organic spa products, PHYTOMER skin care products from France and ZENTS natural spa products from the United States.
• Spa pool and indoor Jacuzzi
Signature therapies include: Siamese Massage, Local Coconut Sugar Body Polish, Paradise of Siam, Businessman’s Retreat, A Journey Together, Signature Bangkok Facial, Advanced Youth-Revealing Facial and Active Men’s Facial.
All body treatments start with brushing the skin to work on the lymphatic system.
OPEN: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
ARCHITECT & INTERIORS:
Julian Coombs & Associates