UOB (Thai) recently announced it has launched the Smart Business Transformation Programme to help small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Thailand kickstart their digital transformation journey. The programme will be run in collaboration with the Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa), National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), the Office of SMEs Promotion (OSMEP) and The FinLab.
During the three-month programme, experts from The FinLab will help SMEs to identify their business concerns and to equip them with the tools, know-how and confidence to innovate. SMEs will also be matched with specially-chosen technology solution providers to implement digital solutions to address the concerns. To help Thai SMEs overcome these concerns, the Smart Business Transformation Programme will focus on helping SMEs enter new markets and use digital marketing to grow sales. For example, UOB (Thai) will help the Thai SMEs selected for the programme with their regional expansion plans and will also provide working capital funding for the SMEs to implement technology transformation projects. The launch event was held recently at C ASEAN 10th Floor CW Tower.
Photo shows (from left)
- Ms Pauline Sim, Programme Manager, The FinLab and Senior Vice President, UOB
- Dr Narong Sirilertworakul, President, NSTDA
- Mr Felix Tan, Managing Director, The FinLab
- Tan Choon Hin, President and CEO, UOB (Thai)
- Suwanchai Lohawatanakul Director General, OSMEP
- Chatchai Khunpitiluck, Senior Executive Vice President, depa
- James Rama Phataminviphas, Country Head of Channels & Digitalisation, UOB (Thai)
The FinLab is an innovation accelerator under United Overseas Bank (UOB).