For the Roberto Cavalli Tribute in Bangkok, Koi restaurant and The Club@Koi opened their doors to invitees and guests on the 4th of August 2018. Offering breath-taking views of Bangkok’s skyline, this exclusive event took place on the 39th Floor of Sathorn Square Building.
In the USA Koi’s ground-breaking California-Japanese style cuisine and its emphasis on design, intimacy and style have made it a regular for the nation’s glitterati from George Clooney to Madonna. In the same vein KOI Bangkok has already become a go to venue for food, fashion and nightlife.
Having hosted the enormously successful Versace Retrospective in April at the grand gala launch of both Koi restaurant and the recently purchased Club@Koi, the venue channelled the style and energy of Roberto Cavalli, whose creative energy revolutionized the world of prints, perfumes and even blue jeans. The space, the food, the décor, the entertainment was all informed and inspired by his love for patterns, fabrics and form.
Italian musicians and party starters, DJ Luigi Anello and vocalist Davidino HTS dropped only the hottest house/dance/funk and electronic live mash-ups and set the venue ablaze. Adding to the already electric atmosphere was a selection of exotic aerial dancers who put on a mesmerising performance.
Renowned London-based fashion illustrator and art director Adriana (Harper’s Bazaar, H&M and Ted Baker amongst others) created live illustrations throughout the event. A few lucky guests had the chance to have their portraits illustrated before and after the fashion show.
Guests of note included:
- E. Mr. Waldemar Dubaniowski, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland and his wife Mrs. Ewa Dubaniowska
- Katreeya English
- Kraiwit Kunavuthai
- Nitat Nawayo, Universe Tourism Thailand 2018, Top 5 Mr. Universe Tourism 2018
- Natchanon Singlum, Mister National Thailand 2018, 1st Runner-up Mister National Universe 2018
- Mike Chanatip, 3rd Runner-up Mister National Thailand 2018
- Tao Thanasit, Mister Model Worldwide Thailand 2018