Crystal Lagoons, a multinational water innovation company that develops sustainable crystal clear lagoons at very low construction and maintenance cost, continues to revolutionize urban areas with its unique and disruptive technology that develops public crystal-clear lagoons, which can be enjoyed by anyone. The crystal-clear lagoons located in urban public areas can bring the idyllic beach lifestyle into cities, completely transforming communal spaces.
This revolutionary technology can change people’s lives by creating a reality never before imagined – transforming cities located far away from the sea into coastal developments, enabling the practice of a variety of water sports, and creating an idyllic beach life experience just steps away from people’s homes for everyone to enjoy. This improves everybody’s quality of life, as well as their overall wellbeing, creating an immense social benefit.
Crystal Lagoons’ technology is eco-friendly. It involves very low water consumption since its crystalline lagoons work on close circuits, a Crystal lagoon of 3 hectares (approximately 18.75 Rai) is using up to 30 times less water than a golf course and just half the water required by a park of the same size. In addition, Crystal Lagoons has developed an evaporation control technology that uses a film layer to reduce evaporation rates by up to 50 percent.
As World Water Day is on 22 March every year, the challenge is all about taking action to tackle the water crisis. Here are 10 facts of how Crystal Lagoons’ technology reduces water consumption.
- Crystal Lagoons only need to be filled with water once in their lifetime. They operate on closed circuits.
- Crystal Lagoons only need to compensate for water lost due to natural evaporation. Thanks to a new technology the company has been implementing in all of their latest projects, the natural evaporation has been successfully reduced by 50%.
- Crystal Lagoons uses only half of the water used by a park and 1/30 of the water required by a golf course of the same size.
- While either parks or golf courses lose water due to both evaporation and infiltration, Crystal Lagoons lowers water consumption by collecting rainfall. They only loose a small percent of water due to evaporation.
- Compared to other amenities, such as golf courses, Crystal Lagoons is used by more people who enjoy swimming and practicing water sports. The liter to person ratio of these bodies of water is higher and thus is a better use of water.
- One of Crystal Lagoons’ most important characteristics of its sustainability is that they can use any type of water: fresh, salt and brackish. They can even use water from underground aquifers in deserts that have no other alternative use.
- In areas of intense rainfall Crystal Lagoons can collect and store rainwater, eliminating any water lost due to evaporation. In these locations, Crystal Lagoons does not need additional water (only during very short time-periods during drought years).
- Crystal Lagoons can become reservoirs of water during droughts or times of water scarcity.
- Crystal Lagoons’ technology provides an intelligent solution to make use of water deposits that have no other alternative use.
- Compared to traditional swimming pools that are made of concrete, Crystal Lagoons does not pose any risk of leaking or losing water since they are made of very flexible plastic materials. For instance, Crystal Lagoons does not suffer damage following earthquakes