Tourism industry organisations and individuals making outstanding contributions towards the successful promotion of the travel industry throughout the Asia Pacific region are encouraged to submit entries to the 2018 Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Awards. The deadline for submissions is May 11, 2018. The Awards presentation will take place during PATA Travel Mart 2018 on September 14 at the Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre (MIEC) in Langkawi, Malaysia.
Sponsored by the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) for the 23rd consecutive year, the PATA Gold Awards sets industry standards for excellence and innovation.
This year’s awards will also include two new categories: Community Based Tourism (CBT) and Women Empowerment Initiative (WEI).
Submissions for Community Based Tourism will be accepted for both CBT supporter or CBT initiative and judging will be based on the benefit of the initiative, impact on local community, awareness of the programme and effectiveness of the programme.
The award for Women Empowerment Initiative will be presented to travel and tourism-related organisations or destinations that embrace initiatives that forge positive visibility in women. These include, but are not limited to, initiatives that demonstrate and promote equal opportunities for women; encourage women in leadership or women-led tourism projects; raise awareness about gender parity and contribute to advancing women; celebrate women’s diversity and social, political and economic achievements; provide educational activities for women to better improve their opportunities for working within the tourism industry; establish tourism as a tool for the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment, and facilitate their access to jobs and/or create possibilities for career enhancement in tourism.
Ms Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of MGTO, said, “For over two decades, the PATA Gold Awards have devoted efforts to gather and highlight the successful achievements of tourism stakeholders across Asia-Pacific, giving a valuable contribution to promote responsible and sustainable tourism in our region. MGTO is honoured to help facilitate this far-reaching initiative, especially as Macao has just been designated a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. I encourage organisations and individuals to come forward and share your talent and best experiences, so that together we may continue to build a better future for our tourism industry.”
PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy said, “We are sincerely grateful to MGTO for sponsoring the PATA Gold Awards in 2018 and for their continued commitment to a responsible and sustainable tourism industry. The PATA Grand and Gold Awards provides us with the perfect opportunity to recognise and reward the very best the Asia Pacific travel industry has to offer. The winners of these awards set industry standards for excellence and innovation and serve as examples for others to follow. I encourage all organisations that demonstrate excellence in conception, creativity and fulfillment to submit their applications today.”
- Gain a major boost to the organisation’s marketing and public relations profile
- Attract valuable media coverage in various PATA communications channels including the weekly PATA Voice e-newsletter, press releases and social media channels
- Entitled to leverage the prestigious PATA Gold Awards Winner logo on collateral materials
- Highlights of the winning entries on display at the PATA Travel Mart for delegates to enjoy
- Featured in the winners’ showcase booklet and PATA Gold Awards video
Judged by an international panel of experts, the Gold Awards recognise exceptional achievement in seven broad categories with 30 Gold Awards and four Grand Awards on offer:
- Marketing Campaign (eight Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Environment (three Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (one Gold Award)
- Heritage & Culture (three Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
- Education & Training (one Gold Award and one Grand Award)
- Marketing Media (ten Gold Awards)
- Travel Journalism (four Gold Awards)
PATA Gold Awards details, brochure, and information about past winners are all available at www.PATA.org/goldawards.