Emirates is a globally renowned family friendly airline that flies more than one million children around the world every year, with an annual peak in July when the school term ends and kids set off for summer holidays.
With the top ten kid’s nationalities onboard Emirates ranking as Britain, India, USA, Pakistan, Australia, UAE, Russia, France, Germany and Saudi Arabia, children of all nationalities are flying across the globe and enjoying Emirates, with bespoke services created to cater to kid’s top priorities and non-negotiable requirements; snacks, naps, great stuff to watch, and free Wi-Fi.
Below is a shortlist of how kids around the world, including Thailand can fly better with Emirates:
1. Across all international airports, Emirates offers priority boarding for families ensuring kids don’t wait too much and have more time to get settled into their seat.
2. Emirates offers a complimentary Unaccompanied Minors service to children aged 5-11 years who are travelling alone, whereby children are accompanied and supervised by specialist Emirates ground staff and cabin crew for every step of their journey. There is a dedicated Unaccompanied Minors Lounge with video games, free Wi‑Fi, comfortable sofas, and children’s bathrooms, where kids can enjoy drinks and snacks as they wait for their flight.
3. Kid’s meals are served almost all Emirates routes, across all classes and feature tasty and nutritious meals, with lots of snackable elements, on a specially designed colourful meal tray featuring the iconic Emirates crew and pilot Little Travellers. Think kid favourites; mac ‘n’ cheese, nuggets and pizza! Organic baby food, milk formula and baby bottles are also available onboard for infants if parents and guardians require them during the flight.
4. Parents with babies onboard are given an infant amenity kit including diapers, a bib, lotion and a changing matt so that the littlest passengers stay fresh throughout their journey. Most Emirates aircraft bathrooms are equipped with baby changing tables.
5. For infants under 2 years old, parents can book seats with safe and comfortable bassinets so that their babies can snooze comfortably throughout the flight. Parents can also bring approved car seats onboard for extra familiarity and safety.
6. Emirates award-winning inflight entertainment ice allows kids to get stuck into movie marathons including new releases just for them. Ice also has lots of kids and pre-school kids TV from CBeebies, Nickelodeon, Disney TV and Cartoon Network, as well as special headsets for children, designed to have a better and more comfortable fit on their head while they enjoy a huge array of child-friendly content.
7. Kids of all ages are also offered award-winning selection of toys and giveaways onboard, made from more sustainable materials with each age group in mind. For example, the Fly with Me magazine is a fun-filled activity magazine featuring puzzles, jokes and activities for 3–8-year-olds.
8. Kids get free Wi-Fi messaging onboard Emirates in all classes. Simply sign up to Emirates Skysurfers loyalty programme for young travellers and kids between 2-17 years old can earn Skywards Miles on every Emirates and flydubai flight, then spend them on more flights or unique lifestyle benefits. Parents can also take advantage of the exclusive free Wi-Fi offer.
9. For gaming enthusiasts, Emirates ice even has up to 100 video games, which can be played by two players in different seats on the in-seat controllers. Older kids can get into a groove with Emirates ice music selection and browse over 3,000 albums and over 600 playlists.
10. To make memories that last a lifetime, Emirates cabin crew can capture kid’s special moments and journeys onboard with an instant Polaroid camera, which is then presented to the family in a limited-edition Emirates photo frame as a keepsake.
For more information, visit www.emirates.com/th