Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest hotel franchising company with approximately 9,000 hotels across 90 countries today announced a series of new leadership appointments and promotions for its Asia Pacific (APAC) division.
The new leadership appointments build on Wyndham’s ability to identify and capture region-wide opportunities through enhanced cross-border collaboration that leverages a broader pool of talent and resources.
The APAC division was consolidated earlier this year, combining the Company’s South East Asia and Pacific Rim (SEAPR) and the Greater China sub-regions to maximize its competitive advantage and drive greater operational efficiencies. Within APAC, Wyndham offers one of the region’s strongest operating portfolios consisting of over 1,500 hotels across over 16 countries and territories.
Joon Aun Ooi, President, APAC, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts commented, “With decades of experience in the hospitality sector and deep knowledge across respective business functions, our senior leadership team of industry veterans is well poised to lead the APAC division with strategic insights and direction as we progress to the next stage of our growth and recovery. I am confident that they will deliver tremendous value for the company, our hotels and our partners as we propel the business forward.”
The appointments and promotions across key business functions including Commercial, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Technical Services, are part of the company’s ongoing investment to further strengthen its core operations and drive its growth momentum in APAC.
Strategic Leadership Appointments and Promotions for Accelerated Growth in APAC
- Rex Loh, Vice President of Commercial, APAC will be leading the commercial team which includes sales, marketing, communications, loyalty, revenue management and distribution for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts in APAC. Rex brings with him more than two decades of hospitality experience spanning leadership roles with hotel companies including Marriott, IHG, and Shangri-La, enabling him to drive the commercial strategies across the APAC division.
- Carl Wee joins the Wyndham team as Vice President, Technical Services, APAC, where he will lead the design, technical services, and construction management strategies for the division. Carl previously served as Wyndham’s Senior Director, Design, Planning & Construction, Greater China from 2013 to 2018. He brings a wealth of experience having spent close to two decades managing hospitality and commercial projects globally. Prior to his current role, he was the Vice President, Project Management with CapitaLand Group, responsible for projects internationally.
- Eng San Quek has been promoted to Vice President, Finance, APAC. In her new role, she will oversee the company’s financial strategies and opportunities as the company forges ahead with accelerated growth in the region. Eng San has an extensive 20 years of experience in hospitality finance which encompasses finance, accounting, and FPA experience. She previously held leadership roles in IHG.
- Matthew Brosenne, Vice President of Human Resources, APAC, will take on an expanded portfolio to oversee all HR matters across the division. With growing regional interdependence, Matthew will drive a comprehensive HR approach utilizing the Company’s best practices. Having worked in Asia for over 25 years, he possesses a wide breadth of business insights as well as human resources strategies.
- Joanne Simpson, has been promoted to Vice President, Legal, SEAPR. She will continue to oversee the Legal function in SEAPR, providing the company with strategic legal advice across all commercial contracts and acquisitions, as well as franchise and management agreements to further support the company’s rapid expansion plans in the SEAPR sub-region.
The Operations team has also been structured to optimize continual support to managed and franchised hotels across the APAC division and drive engagement on all Wyndham programs and initiatives.
- Ben Schumacher has been promoted to Vice President, Operations, SEAPR. He will continue to lead the franchise operations team in the SEAPR sub-region.
- Edward Wang, Vice President, Operations, Greater China will continue to supervise the operations of franchised hotels in Greater China sub-region.
- Keegan Chwa, Senior Director, Managed Operations, APAC rejoins Wyndham to oversee the operations of managed hotels across the APAC division.