Central Group is welcoming Amazing Thailand Grand Sale “Passport Privileges” organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), spending over 500 million baht on the campaign Central Group Amazing Thailand Grand Sale “Passport Privileges”.
Every business unit in the group and over 10,000 famous brands are making massive discounts in the high season and giving many special privileges for tourists’ passports. Tourists from all over the world are expected to be drawn to shop and spend to their limit. Sales to tourists at every business unit are expected be up 5%, with over 20 billion baht in circulation from tourists. This includes tourist shopping at Central Group shops increased by 20% for the duration of the campaign from 15 November, 2018 to 30 April, 2019.
Central Group Executive Director Pichai Chirathivat commented that Central Group was delighted to participate in the TAT’s ‘Amazing Thailand Grand Sale “Passport Privileges”’ event, as it saw the economic and tourism benefits. This project will help to create incentives to tourists to shop more, resulting in stimulus to the macro-economy and reinvigorating the trend of tourism in Thailand.
Central Group is spending over 500 million baht to promote TAT policies with the campaign, Central Group Amazing Thailand Grand Sale “Passport Privileges” with promotions from every business in the group and shops representing over 10,000 brands fully focussed on serving tourists. The event is expected to boost sales to tourists by 5%, putting over 20 billion baht in circulation among businesses in Central Group, increasing tourist footfall in shopping centres by another 20% for the duration of the campaign. Tourists only need to show their passport for easy access to some very special promotions at shopping centres, department stores and other shops in Central Group as follows:
- Central World, Central Plaza, Central Festival and Central Phuket are giving 5-50% discounts on over 1,000 participating brands in shopping centres, including fashion, shoes, bags, cosmetics, jewelry and perfume as well as restaurants and other services in the shopping centre. Brands include ALDO, CHARLES & KEITH, PANDORA, Naraya, Din Tai Fung, Nara, Yugen, World Camera and Immagini clinic.
- Central Department Store, Zen and Central Embassy are giving 100-baht cash coupons to tourists showing their passports at the customer service points in every store. There are also promotions at regular product counters with discounts of up to 10%. Specially at Central Chidlom and Zen, customers can receive a cash coupon of 2,000 baht for shopping according to the specified conditions, with an extra cash coupon of 100 baht from dining at Eathai, located in Central Embassy.
- Tops and Central Food Hall are holding promotions on items that are a hit with tourists such as Taokae Noi seaweed snacks and Korkae peanuts, dried fruit, fish sauce and oyster sauce, Thai dessert and nasal inhalers. A shop of more than 1,500 – 2,499 baht earns an immediate discount of 6%, while a shop of over 2,500 baht receives a Thai Favourites bag worth 295 baht from 15 Nov 18 – 31 Jan 19 or receives Thai Favourite Premiums from 1 Feb – 30 Apr 19. There over 2,000 more items of discounts, giveaways and premiums especially for tourists at the 37 branches of Tops and Central Food Hall around the country.
- Family Mart is running a promotion at all stores of a 20-baht discount on every shop of 300 baht.
- Matsumoto is giving immediate discounts of 5% on a shop of over 2,150 baht at all 12 Matsumoto stores.
- Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centres and Robinson Department Stores are holding a promotion on cosmetics with discounts of up to 10% at regular counters, and up to 30% on leading brands, as well as discounts of up to 50% on fashion brands such as BLUE CORNER, ESPRIT, G2000, WACOAL BLOUSE, ELLE, GQ, JOHN LANGFORD. ROCK EXPRESS, LEE and There is a special premium of a Polka Dot or Floral Collection bag set or other premiums on every shop over 12,000 baht. Tourists can also use their receipts to claim a VAT refund of another 6%.
- Supersports is giving a Welcome Pack of discounts up to 20% on brands such as Nike, Crocs, New Balance, K-Swiss, Barcelona, Liverpool, Adidas, Skechers, Fila, Wilson, Umbro, Speedo, Under armour, Billabong and Solomon, at all Supersports stores in Central Plaza shopping centres, Central Department stores and Robinson Department Stores.
- Brands under Central Marketing Group (CMG) are giving discounts of up to 30% on famous brands such as Wrangler, Lee, Watch Station, G-Shock Casio, John Henry, The Bodyshop, Guess, THREE, G2000, Banila Co, Calvin Klein Jeans, Ralph Lauren, POLO Ralph Lauren and TOPSHOP & TOPMAN, Hush Puppies, Clarins Skin Spa.
- Restaurants part of Central Restaurants Group (CRG) are giving discounts of up to 15% as well as many special privileges. These include buy one, get one free, or dining with spending up to a threshold receiving free dishes of food. The privileges are available at the 11 restaurant brands in the group which comprise Mister Donut, KFC, Auntie Anne, Pepper Lunch, Chabuton, Cold Stone Creamery, The Terrace, Yoshinoya, Ootoya, Tenya and
- PowerBuy is giving special discounts of 5% on al Mamaru brand products
Besides promotions for tourists, Central group is also holding many other sales promotion campaigns and activities to see out the old year and welcome the new for all of their Thai customers as usual. There will be a full program of discounts and premiums and Big Events such as Christmas, Gift Festival and, New Year Countdown at shopping centres, department stores and shops in the group. Central Group is confident that these activities combined with Central Group Amazing Thailand Grand Sale “Passport Privileges” will be warmly welcomed by both Thai customers and foreign tourists to enliven the economy and Thai tourism during the high season, making Thailand a truly world-class tourism destination.