The 3rd edition of MQDC’s year-end spectacular “Beautiful Bangkok 2020” comes with the theme “A Blossom of Happiness” encapsulating the beauty of Thailand’s capital city through a garden of flowers which will be projected on Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard. The event also features interactive installation art titled “The Wonder Flower Dream” at the front of the skyscraper. Visitors are also invited to join a photo contest to win amazing prizes, including Leica cameras and restaurant vouchers.
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC) joined forces with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) to organize “Beautiful Bangkok 2020” spectacular to celebrate the year-end season of happiness. The 3rd edition of the event is organized under the theme “A Blossom of Happiness” magnifying the beauty of Bangkok through flower language. In addition to the usual light and sound show that will turn Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard Tower into a dazzling attraction, lighting up Bangkok’s skyline; the front yard of the building will transform into a playground for visitors, Thai and international, to explore Interactive Installation Arts “The Wonder Flower Dream”. Visitors can experience the magical paradise “Beautiful Bangkok 2020: A Blossom of Happiness” from today until 31 December 2019.
The Wonder Flower Dream art pieces, including three traditional and three international flowers, not only emulates “A Blossom of Happiness” theme, but also epitomizes an expression of feminine beauty and contemporary art design. Each and every blossom chosen contains divine meaning as follows:
- Ratchaphruek (Golden Shower Tree) is the national flower of Thailand. The name “Ratchaphruek” contains royal meaning and symbolizes glory and prosperity.
- Orchid is one of the most coveted flowers native to Thailand due to its exotic and delicate formation. Orchids are associated with compassion, gentleness, and tranquility.
- Lotus is widely used in religious ceremonies in Thailand. The flower is considered a symbol of Buddhism and believed to bring joy and wisdom to those who grow it.
- Passion Rose is an unmistakable expression of love. It conveys deep emotions – be it love, longing or desire. Roses can also be used to convey respect and admiration.
- Hydrangea symbolizes gratefulness. It can be used to express gratitude for being understood.
- Fortune Magnolia is a symbol of dignity and nobility. In ancient China, magnolias were considered the perfect symbols of feminine beauty and gentleness. In the American South, white magnolias are commonly seen in bridal bouquets because the flowers are thought to reflect and emphasize the bride’s purity and nobility.
While the three native flowers are chosen due to their favorable meanings in order to represent the new-year blessings for everyone in Bangkok, the extrinsic flowers represent the diversity of the city where visitors from around the world are warmly welcomed.
Additionally, all six species will be turned into visual-style “Dream Flowers” that perfectly captures both the technological evolution and the blooming allure. The most exciting aspect of these Dream Flowers is its interactive nature which allows visitors to experience shooting photos in a space surrounded by beautiful flowers that blooms only for them.
Another signature highlight of the Beautiful Bangkok event is its photography contest. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, everyone can join in and get a chance to win amazing prizes, including Leica cameras, iPhone 11, and restaurant vouchers. To enter the competition, all you need to do is take a photo at Beautiful Bangkok 2020, either of the dazzling show projected on Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard or at the Wonder Flower Land; then post it on Facebook with a caption explaining why your photo is the best shot of the event with hashtags #ShotAtBeautifulBKK #BeautifulBangkok2020. The contest runs from today until 5 January 2020. Winners will be announced on 22 January 2020.