From the first InterContinental Hotel to the
Today the company looks ahead as the world – waiting to fully
IHG Hotels & Resorts has headed into 2021 by refreshing its brand to further reflect the hotel group’s purpose of True Hospitality for Good, its evolving story, portfolio and the needs of hotel owners, consumers, and communities around the world.
The brand refresh reflects the company’s growth to 16 brands welcoming guests and loyalty program members through the doors of nearly 6,000 hotels across 100 countries. With an updated identity, the company is focused on strengthening perception,
- A Family of Hotels & Resorts: Moving from IHG to IHG Hotels & Resorts, adding the ‘Hotels & Resorts’ descriptor to its trade name, reiterates the company’
s collection of 16 brands that sit side by side as one family.
- A fresh look and feel: The IHG Hotels & Resorts visual brand identity has been given a makeover to better tell the stories of the brand and make it more relevant and attractive to consumers – particularly a younger demographic of consumers, as well as hotel owners, colleagues and future talent around the world. Through new colours, photography and font, its eye-catching, energetic design showcases the brands and hotel experiences in the most engaging way.
- A place for all: IHG Rewards, the first and one of the largest loyalty programs in the world, has a corresponding new look and feel. The word ‘Club’ has been removed from its name to reflect the warm welcome that is available to all, with members able to make the most of their travels with exclusive rates, special benefits and easy ways to earn and redeem points at all IHG hotels and
partner locations including the breath-taking Mr & Mrs Smith collection. Going forward, IHG Rewards will be seen out and about more often and in more places.
- Helping guests make the right choice: IHG’s family of 16 brands gives guests a wealth of choices, and presented now in four collections, helps guests make the right decision for all their travel needs:
The Luxury and Lifestyle Collection: Defined by timeless legacy bound together by distinctive design and unforgettable service. Making every journey a celebration of extraordinary experiences, each in their unique way.
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Regent Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Hotel Indigo
The Premium Collection: Makes travel personal and purposeful. Giving guests a sense of belonging and well-being, with the thoughtful details to make every trip matter.
- HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
- EVEN Hotels
- voco Hotels
The Essentials Collection: Always there, always just what you need. With the warmth and trusted experience which has come to define true hospitality.
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Inn Express
- avid hotels
The Suites Collection: Invites guests to settle in for longer stays, knowing the comforts of home are always within reach.
- Atwell Suites
- Staybridge Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Candlewood Suites
Claire Bennett, Chief Customer Officer, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “The travel industry has faced challenges like never before, and while adapting to new realities we’ve also stayed true to our roots. We have an incredible family of brands, centred around connecting people –
Our evolved brand articulates how we bring our purpose of True Hospitality for Good to life for our guests, hotel owners, colleagues and communities. So, as we continue to lead through and beyond the pandemic, we’re clear who we are, what we stand for and how we can help guests open up their world again when they’re ready to travel. And we all feel we need that more than ever, because travel not only opens doors, it opens minds and hearts. That’s why our hotels are more than just a backdrop to life’s special moments, they are a collection of welcoming experiences.”