PASMO Committee today announced that PASMO Co., Ltd. will launch PASMO PASSPORT on Sunday, September 1, 2019. This smart train ticket, valid for 28 days, is for short–term travelers to Japan. With points of sale in key stations in the Tokyo Metropolitan area—including SKYLINER & KEISEI INFORMATION CENTER at Narita Airport Terminal 1 Station and Narita Airport Terminal 2–3 Station, Keikyu Tourist Information Center at Haneda Airport International Terminal Station and Shinagawa Station—nonresident foreign visitors to Japan will be able to easily verify their status and purchase PASMO PASSPORT.
This card—named PASMO PASSPORT to signal its value as a “second passport” when traveling to Japan—uses an original design from Sanrio.
The delightful design features HELLO KITTY, CINNAMOROLL, and POMPOMPURIN, three characters from Sanrio Co., Ltd., a company with a massive fanbase across Asia and many other countries. These iconic characters are set against a backdrop of sakura, the iconic flower of Japan, and sightseeing spots familiar to foreign tourists, including Mount Fuji and the TOKYO SKYTREE®. After facilitating trips to Japan full of fun memories, the card becomes a souvenir that travelers can bring home.
PASMO PASSPORT enables e-money transactions throughout the public transit system, whether for boarding IC card-compatible trains and buses or for making purchases at shops. PASMO PASSPORT holders can recharge the card any number of times at stations, on buses, and in some stores. The card offers more convenience, enjoyment, and discounts for short-term travelers in Japan, as holders also get a variety of exclusive privileges when they show their PASMO PASSPORT at sightseeing spots around the Kanto region.
PASMO PASSPORT English Website
PASMO PASSPORT Outline
- 1.Launch date Sunday, September 1, 2019
- 2.Details of use E-money transactions throughout public transit systems in Kanto and other regions, whether for boarding IC-card compatible trains and buses or for making purchases at shops.
- 3.Available to Foreign visitors to Japan
- 4.Sale price ¥2,000(¥1,500 for use + ¥500 issuance fee) *No deposit required
- 5.Purchase locations Keisei Electric Railway
・ Narita Airport Terminal 1 Sta. / Terminal 2・3 Sta.
“SKYLINER & KEISEI INFORMATION CENTER”
7:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Keihin Electric Express Railway
・ Haneda Airport International Terminal Sta.
“Keikyu Tourist Information Center Haneda Airport International Terminal Station”
7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
・ Shinagawa Sta.
・ “Keikyu Tourist Information Center Shinagawa Station”
8:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Ueno Sta., Nihombashi Sta., Ikebukuro Sta. (Marunouchi Line・Yurakucho Line), Ginza Sta., Shimbashi Sta., Shinjuku Sta., Ebisu Sta., Iidabashi Sta., Takadanobaba Sta., Akasaka-mitsuke Sta., Meiji-jingumae <Harajuku> Sta., Shin-ochanomizu Sta., Otemachi Sta., Tokyo Sta., Commuter pass sales counter at each of the stations listed above.
7:40 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Ueno-okachimachi Sta. Tourist Information Center
8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
“WANDER COMPASS SHIBUYA”
10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
* PASMO PASSPORT points of sale have the following poster or stand-alone POP signs to mark their locations.
- 6.How to purchase Points of sale ask to see visitors’passports to confirm they are from overseas before issuing and selling the card with its exclusive case.
- 7.Period of use 28 days(Charged balances cannot be refunded)