Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ (SLH) has welcomed 44 new independent boutique hotel members during 2020 to-date. The new members are hail from over 23 destinations and include the newly opened VALA Hua Hin in Thailand, the inimitable Arctic Bath Hotel floating in the heart of Swedish Lapland and Kontiki Yacht Expeditions based in Ecuador – the first ever water-based SLH member. These strong numbers are a testament to the steady regrowth of the boutique luxury travel sector, despite setbacks from the global pandemic this year.
In addition to a robust worldwide network of leisure and corporate sales, PR, marketing and revenue account professionals, new hotel members gain access to SLH INVITED loyalty members and also have the opportunity to participate in the strategic loyalty alliance with Hyatt. This partnership provides SLH hotels significant exposure among World of Hyatt program’s more than 10 million members, offering travellers a wider choice of small independent luxury hotels around the world in destinations outside Hyatt’s own footprint. The SLH Quality Assurance programme also remains a cornerstone of the brand as a global stamp of quality and safety. The programme was recently updated to include an additional 136 checkpoints related to health and cleanliness standards to the Mystery Inspection program performed annually at over 520 hotels.
“As the travel landscape continues to evolve due to COVID-19, this substantial addition of esteemed hotels such as Huvafen Fushi Maldives and Tower Hotel Nagoya acknowledges the importance of an established global community such as SLH for independent properties,” notes Mark Wong, Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific for SLH.
Richard Hyde, Managing Director of Small Luxury Hotels of the World says: “We are delighted to welcome a robust group of distinct hotel members to our portfolio. The diversity of our individual hotels and the experiences they offer are unmatched. From cutting-edge design hotels to historic 17th century mansions and remote private islands, the depth of the portfolio is far reaching. This impressive growth demonstrates the power of the SLH brand and what makes our hotels exceptional – and exactly what travellers are seeking – intimate, first-class experiences with individuality, flexibility, intimacy and safety.”
The list of new SLH members include:
· VALA Hua Hin – Cha-am, Thailand (opening November 2020): Known as Thailand’s royal town, this beachfront hideaway is the perfect blend of escaping-into-nature and contemporary comforts. With uninterrupted views over the Gulf of Thailand, it’s the perfect vantage point for unforgettable sunsets and panoramic ocean views.
· Arctic Bath Hotel – Harads, Sweden: An open-air floating bath hotel situated under the northern lights in winter and the midnight sun during the summer months, Arctic Bath is a unique hotel and spa experience that welcomes guests to immerse themselves in the elements while leaving a minimal environmental footprint behind.
· Kontiki Expeditions – Ecuador: As the first ever water-based member of the SLH portfolio, Kontiki Expeditions offers a new and sustainable way to explore captivating destinations off the coast of Ecuador. Choose between two sea expeditions which provide an authentic immersion into the local cultures, traditions, and cuisine of each port, while creating a deep connection to the natural surroundings and communities.
· Castello di Reschio – Lisciano Niccone, Italy (Opening April 2021): Located within a 3,700-acre Estate in the Umbrian hills on Italy’s Umbria-Tuscany border, the hotel houses 36 rooms and suites scattered across 9 exquisitely restored farmhouses with interiors by the owner, architect Count Benedikt Bolza.
· The Liz McGrath Collection, South Africa: SLH is back in South Africa with three hotels skirting the Atlantic Ocean. The Marine overlooking Walker Bay on the Hermanus coast, offers stunning clifftop views, unforgettable sunsets all year round and an idyllic lookout during whale-watching season. Five-star The Plettenberg is situated on a rocky headland in Plettenberg Bay along the famous Garden Route and boasts some of the most breath-taking views and beautifully appointed rooms and villas. The collection’s third property, The Cellars-Hohenort in Cape Town, will be joining SLH on 31st December 2020.
· VALA Hua Hin – Cha-am, Thailand (Opening November 2020)
· Lost Horizon Resort & Spa – Pokhara, Nepal (Opening March 2021) – New SLH Destination
· Koh Russey Villas & Resort – Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia (Opening January 2021)
· The Tower Hotel Nagoya – Nagoya, Japan (Opening November 2020)
· Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary – Paro, Bhutan
· Hinode Hills Niseko Village – Niseko, Japan
· Huvafen Fushi Maldives – North Male Atoll, Maldives
· Shima Kanko Hotel The Bay Suites – Ise-Shima, Japan
· Sowaka Kyoto – Kyoto, Japan
· The MIST Hot Spring Hotel – Henan, China
· YiuTeung Mansion – Chengdu, China
· Castello di Reschio – Lisciano Niccone, Italy (Opening April 2021)
· Can Ferrereta – Mallorca, Spain (Opening March 2021)
· Grand Hotel Victoria Concept & Spa – Lago di Como, Italy (Opening February 2021)
· Amani Boutique Hotel Zanzibar – Zanzibar (Opening December 2020)
· Villa Soligo – Treviso, Italy (Pre-opener)
· A77 Suites by Andronis – Athens, Greece
· Arctic Bath Hotel – Harads, Sweden
· Canne Bianche Lifestyle Hotel – Torre Canne, Italy
· Forestis – Brixen, Dolomites, Italy
· Galleria Vik Milano – Milan, Italy
· Gecko Hotel & Beach Club – Formentera, Spain
· Hotel Casa Palmela – Setubal, Portugal
· Hôtel Crillon le Brave – Vaucluse, France
· Hotel Valdepalacios – Torrico, Spain
· La Torre del Canonigo – Ibiza, Spain
· Les Manoirs des Portes de Deauville – Canapville, France
· Palazzo Manfredi – Rome, Italy
· Palm Suite – Rome, Italy
· San Canzian Village & Hotel – Buje, Croatia
· Tiara Château Hôtel Mont Royal – Chantilly, France
· The Cellars-Hohenort – Cape Town, South Africa
· The Gainsborough Bath Spa – Bath, United Kingdom
· The Marine – Hermanus, South Africa
· The Plettenberg – Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
· Torre del Marques – Monroyo, Spain
· Brick Hotel – Mexico City, Mexico
· Cougar Ridge Lodge – Utah, USA
· Kenoa – Exclusive Beach Spa & Resort – Barra de Sao Miguel, Brazil
· Kontiki Expeditions – Ecuador
· Los Altos Resort & Spa – Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
· Riverview Ranch – Montana, USA
· The Battery Hotel – San Francisco, California, USA
For more information on more than 520 member hotels or to book a stay, please visit www.SLH.com.