Wyndham Hotels & Resorts – the world’s largest hotel franchisor with approximately 9,200 hotels across more than 80 countries – expects to welcome several new properties in Thailand by the end of 2020 under its upscale Wyndham®brand.
“Thailand’s tourism industry is riding the crest of a wave, with record numbers of visitors travelling to the country in search of its idyllic tropical climate and iconic attractions. Within the next two years, Wyndham will launch a series of exceptional new hotels and resorts in many of Thailand’s most sought-after regions, expanding the capacity of established destinations and bringing international accommodation to exciting new markets. We look forward to enabling a new generation of guests to experience the wonders of Thailand,” said Joon Aun Ooi, President and Managing Director, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, South East Asia and Pacific Rim.
Thailand’s tourism industry continues to set new records. According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), the country welcomed 31.25 million international visitors in the first ten months of 2018, up 7.8 percent year-on-year. The full-year total for 2018 is certain to have exceeded the TAT’s target of 36 million visitors, representing a new all-time high.
Thriving in Thailand
Southeast Asia continues to be Wyndham’s fastest-growing region, growing 22% year-over-year and currently comprises over 24,000 rooms. The Company continues to expand its presence in the region with new hotels slated to open in Thailand by the end of 2020:
Artist Impression of Wyndham Nai Harn Resort Phuket
- Wyndham Nai Harn Resort Phuket, scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2019, will become the first internationally-branded hotel in the Nai Harn area of Phuket. Owned by Cissa Group Co., Ltd, this tranquil resort will be unlike any other hotel in Phuket, with a large swimmable lagoon covering the entire ground floor, flowing between the buildings and directly accessible from many of the 353 rooms and suites. Guests will have a choice of restaurants, a swim-up bar, a rooftop garden and lounge, a spa and wellness centre as well as meeting rooms.
- Wyndham Chalong Phuket, scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2020 and also owned by Cissa Group Co., Ltd, will feature 150 pool villas, including two- and three-bedroom options. Located near Chalong Bay, the resort will also offer an all-day restaurant, a bar, a spa, a fitness centre and modern meeting spaces.
- Wyndham Atlas Wongamat Pattaya, opening in late 2020 on the country’s popular Eastern Seaboard, will feature 192 rooms and suites, a restaurant, a lounge, a fitness centre and meeting space. This new-build hotel will be crowned by a dramatic rooftop pool and garden with views of the sea.
Earlier this year, the Company opened three new hotels as part of its ongoing expansion plans, including a milestone development of its first two hotels in the Krabi province:
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Chaofah Phuket, owned by CAS Holding, is located in the historic heart of Phuket Town and reflects the island’s cultural heritage with its Peranakan style. Surrounded by attractions including the King Power duty free retail complex, this upper-midscale hotel features 257 rooms and suites, two restaurants, a fitness centre and a spectacular rooftop infinity pool with views of Phuket Town and the Big Buddha. The hotel is a prime venue for events, with one of the largest ballrooms in town capable of hosting up to 400 people.
- Ramada by Wyndham Aonang Krabi, owned by the Nagapura Group, is perfectly positioned in Aonang, Krabi’s most popular beachfront tourism district. The hotel features 80 rooms, including six pool villas and 15 rooms with direct access to the resort’s outdoor pool. Guests can also enjoy a wide variety of upscale facilities, including two restaurants, two swimming pools, a pool bar, a spa, a kid’s club and meeting rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Aonang Krabi, also owned by the Nagapura Group, is nestled on the seafront overlooking the azure Andaman Sea, and offers 38 bright and inviting rooms and suites, plus an ocean-facing restaurant, a swimming pool and pool bar.
All of Wyndham’s hotels and resorts in Thailand participate in Wyndham Rewards®, the world’s most generous rewards program with more than 30,000 hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals worldwide. Designed for the everyday traveller, members earn a guaranteed 1,000 points with every qualified stay and may redeem points for a wide-range of rewards, including free nights, gift cards, merchandise and more.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]