A “V” festive Christmas and New Year awaits guests at Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, this year in the form of an immersive program of celebrations inspired by the five (V) elements of nature – fire, metal, wood, water and earth – delivered with a local Nam Hai twist.
From December 21, 2019 to January 5, 2020, guests can participate in activities from earth-related tree planting experiences, grounding yoga, and bamboo and wood-carving experiences to metal-inspired gold facials in The Heart of the Earth Spa; fiery Beach Bar cocktails and illuminating candle-lighting rituals to bountiful seafood feasts.
Unique festive-only events include Christmas tree and cookie decoration, the thrill of Santa’s arrival and holiday stockings hung on every villa door, plus a lavish New Year’s Eve party and more.
Commenting on this year’s theme, Resort Manager Bryan Ruch said, “In true Nam Hai style, we’re centring this year’s celebrations around our interpretation of the ‘V’ elements: the five elements that can be experienced here in central Vietnam. Resort-wide experiences, from dinners to décor, are creatively nuanced to bring each element to life. We are fortunate to have many natural environments on site – beach, sea, gardens, lagoon and an extensive vegetable farm – and will be drawing on each one to provide a diverse and balancing festive experience for guests of all ages.”
From the moment of arrival, colourful lights will reveal the day’s element in the Lobby’s majestic water fountain and Reflection Pool, setting the scene for the sensory experience of fire, metal, wood, water and earth to follow. Heart-soaring moments elevate the season with The Nam Hai Choir raising their voices in joyful accompaniment to the Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 21, before Santa and his helpers make a retro appearance on December 25.
Further highlights from the festive program include:
- Turndown Treats – Sweet spices and citrus notes encapsulate the festive season. Discover in-room treats artfully crafted and filled with cheer from festive favourites Italian panettone and German stollen.
- Festive Making and Baking – Alongside Vietnamese element craft activities for guests of all ages, from Hoi An lantern-making to locally-lead wood carving, families can enjoy baking Christmas biscuits together and decorating the tree with five-element inspired decorations.
- Culinary Connection – Enjoy creative menus infused with elemental magic. Turn up the heat with a fiery BBQ Extravaganza. Savour Hoi An specialties at The Nam Hai Streetfood Night. And pick-your-own herbs, vegetables and spices at the earth-inspired Illuminasia. The five flavour profiles of Vietnamese food – spicy, sour, bitter, salty and sweet – elevate the international buffet on Christmas Eve accompanied by traditional turkey and all the trimmings, before a Bounty of the Sea Seafood Feast.
- Uplifting Activities – Tap into the Earth’s energies with restorative tree-planting and energising power walking. Go against the grain with a wood-based coconut cutting experience. And fire up creative learning and traditional Vietnamese coffee.
- The Best Gift of All: Relaxation – Surrender to fluid freedom with a Letting Go meditation and stoke internal fires with Energising Vinyasa Flow. Call on the powers of metal with The Heart of the Earth Spa’s gold age-reversing facial. Experience grounding earthly peace through singing bowl therapy while balancing the wood element with healing poultices fresh from the Resort’s herb gardens.
- New Year‘s Eve V Night – Expect a no-holds-barred elemental exploration, from succulent seafood bars, charcoal grilled meats, and Vietnamese and international delicacies featuring thrilling live entertainment to a Tribal Jungle party under the stars complete with Champagne and fire performers.
To experience a V Festive Christmas at Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, contact +84 235 394 0000 or book online.