The new TEMBO Beach Club & Resort on Koh Samui’s renowned Bangrak Beach on the island’s vibrant north coast, promises a deliciously playful experience for those who appreciate the good things in life, be they visitors or island residents.
The plantation-style resort, which sits on a powder white-sand beach with dazzling views across azure blue seas to neighbouring Koh Phangan, is the perfect destination for travellers looking to enjoy a glamorous, fun adventure on one of the world’s most beautiful paradise islands.
Life at TEMBO (which means ‘elephant’ in Swahili) revolves around the pool, where guests can relax on the terrace or on the beach, enjoy a refreshing cocktail at the swim-up bar, dine al fresco at the all-day restaurant, or simply enjoy the views from the welcome shade of the bar. Beachside tapas and small bites are available throughout the day, complemented by a tempting choice of exotic cocktails and mocktails, carefully selected wines and ice-cold beers.
TEMBO Restaurant, with its signature teal and pale wicker palette, cooling overhead fans and friendly staff, is the place to sample the Mediterranean and Asian-inspired menu that reflects the personal culinary journey of Executive Chef, Vladimir Siljegovic (‘Chef Vlad’) who started his career at his family’s restaurant, the eponymous Café de Flore in Paris, and whose cuisine has been influenced by his travels around the world.
Within the main restaurant is JOURNEY, an intimate, air-conditioned 12-seat dining space scheduled to open in early 2022. Here, Chef Vlad will prepare a regularly changing menu of international dishes, as well as host visiting chefs.
TEMBO Deli, with its prime road-side location, promises to be the best place on the island to pick up sandwiches and paninis made to order, salads and other savoury treats. An excellent selection of charcuterie, cheeses, olives, pastes and dips is complemented by fresh bread, cakes and pastries, made daily in the resort’s own bakery. Explorers heading out for some island-hopping can order a picnic basket to go.
TEMBO Style, the resort’s chic lifestyle boutique, is an Aladdin’s Cave of vibrant resort wear, fun accessories, cool homewares, and all manner of trinkets and gift ideas that have been lovingly hand picked by the owner, Susan Field, from her travels to various countries. Shoppers can find gorgeous, affordable beach and resort wear in sizes XS-XXL for women, men, and children, as well as jewellery and other accessories. A selection of colourful homeware includes soft furnishings, Balinese boxes, Turkish beach towels, and many other collectibles.
Those looking for some ‘me time’ can escape to TEMBO Spa, (opening soon) which offers a small, carefully curated spa menu. All-natural products are used for body treatments, whilst beauty rituals, such as facials, feature the pure Siam Botanicals product range which is made locally to the highest ethical standards.
Guests wishing to stay at TEMBO can select from nine delightful double bungalows (seven king size beds and two twin-bed rooms) and a spacious beachside villa, just steps from the beach, which has its own private garden and is perfect for romance!
The bungalows and villa, all with aircon and ceiling fans, are decorated in a relaxed, coastal style, designed to reflect a true beachside vibe. Beautiful, intricately carved whitewashed furniture has been created by artisans in Northern Thailand, and in the beach villa, a bespoke four-poster bed with a romantic canopy is the highlight.
The nine bungalow feature large hand-carved bedheads from Chiang Mai, which create a central artistic art focus. All rooms have balconies or terraces, as well as tropical gardens off the bathrooms.
High thread-count bedding and premium mattresses promise optimal comfort, and all rooms have internet-ready flat screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, Indian cotton bathrobes, safety boxes, jasmine-scented amenities, ceiling fans and air-conditioning.
The magical beachside location, the stunning views and the whimsical, romantic design make TEMBO the ideal venue for weddings and other celebrations and the venue has a professional in-house events team.
Room reservations can be made through email@example.com, with rates starting at THB 3,000 (+17% tax and service) per night. Restaurant and spa enquiries can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEMBO is committed to adapting best practices for the environment and the community wherever possible, aiming for zero single-use plastics and recycling as much as possible.
To help support the planet’s precious resources, TEMBO general practices include:
- Using eco-friendly cleaning products throughout
- Strict protocols on personal and resort hygiene
- Encouraging guests to re-use guest towels
- Sustainably sourced, all natural room amenities and spa products
- Purchasing food products from local growers and producers of organic products
- Beach clean ups and other community activities
TEMBO proudly supports the following through events, special programs, income from recycling and other endeavours:
- Save Elephant Foundation: This non-profit organization provides care and assistance to Thailand’s captive elephant population through a multifaceted approach involving local community outreach, rescue / rehabilitation programs, and educational ecotourism operations. Our co-founder, Susan, works to increase awareness of the plight of elephants in tourists’ camps and has lobbied Thailand’s Parliament to provide much needed financial support.
- Samui Street Dogs/Spay & Neuter Program: A group of volunteers works tirelessly to keep the island’s stray dog and cat populations under control. Susan has co-created an active group to support sterilization days and other important animal welfare initiatives.
- Sisters on Samui is another favourite local cause; it supports many important initiatives on the island, including feeding many stricken communities whose livelihoods have been severely affected by Covid,
For more information, please visit our website, www.tembo-samui.com[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]