Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, Emirates Airline, Bangkok Airways and Wine Dee Dee Group are thrilled to be hosting Thailand’s very own Chef Nawamin Pinpathomrat for two nights of private dining and one cooking class in October. Chef Nawamin gained international celebrity when he became a finalist in the 2018 season of MasterChef UK with his uniquely Thai dishes.
A qualified medical doctor studying and conducting research at Oxford, it was Nawamin’s passion for cooking that brought him to the MasterChef kitchen. His “crab dance” caught everyone’s eye, but his crab curry enthralled the judge’s taste buds. Chef Nawamin now brings his delightful take on Thai flavours to Anantara Mai Khao. Anantara Mai Khao’s La Sala, featuring southern Thai cuisine, is the perfect venue to showcase Chef Nawamin’s specialities born from his experiences cooking with his grandmother in southern Thailand.
On Friday, 19 October, and Saturday, 20 October, guests can savour a five-course private dinner meticulously crafted by Chef Nawamin. Diners will discover the flavours that inspire these whimsical names: Grandma’s Garden (beef carpaccio and burnt aubergine salad), Wedding Ring (pan-seared scallops, oysters, and shimeji mushrooms), Anatomy of Crab (crab prepared four ways), Land of Smiles (Macadamia-encrusted sea bass), Swan Lake (sticky rice with Thai coconut custard).
On Saturday 20 October, Chef Nawamin will share tips and techniques as he takes a cooking class through creating two signature dishes. Starting with Kanom Jeap Nok (Bird-shaped dumplings), the class will learn how to make the dish crab in yellow curry.
There are only 20 places available for each night’s dinner at THB 7,500++ per person and only 15 places for Saturday’s cooking class at THB 7,500++ per person, so reservations are highly recommended.
A luxury stay and exclusive dining experience package available at starting rate THB 17,300+++ per night.
- Daily breakfast for two persons at La Sala Restaurant
- One dining experience OR one cooking class for two persons
- Round-trip airport transfers by Mercedes Benz E220
Terms and Conditions
- Above rate is subject to 10% service charge, applicable 7% government tax and 1% provincial tax.
- The rate quoted is per night per 2 persons, subject to availability, seasonal variations and change
- Rate noted above is based on recent currency exchange data. The rate indicated on your
confirmation is in the official hotel currency and will be charged at that rate on check-out.
- Minimum 3 nights’ consecutive stay required
- Offer available only from 19 to 21 October 2018 (3 nights inclusive)