Vegan banana cake is very popular among Thai people, but this tasty sweet is not easy to come by during J Festival.
Heritage Group, Thailand’s leading premium natural food and beverage producer, share a simple recipe for vegan banana cake, loaded with health benefits from 3 main ingredients: banana, pistachio milk, and sliced almond. The 3 main ingredients are known to provide antioxidants, reduce stress, nourish eyes, and relieve constipation.
- Vegan cake flour 200 g.
- Baking powder 1 ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Table salt ½ teaspoon
- Rice bran oil 100 g.
- Cane sugar 180 g.
- Ripe banana 200 g.
- Lemon 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Sunkist Pistachio milk (Banana) 80 g.
- Heritage raw blanched sliced almonds (for topping the cake)
- Heritage daily super nut (for topping the cake)
- Sift together the vegan cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and rest them for a moment.
- Mix together rice bran oil, sugar, Sunkist Pistachio milk (Banana), and salt. Stir them until the sugar is incorporated and all ingredients are totally combined.
- Mash the ripe banana. Add in lemon and the combined ingredients from the second step, and mix them until combined.
- Divide the dried ingredients from 1. into 3 portions, and gradually pour them into the bowl one by one. Combine them with the mixture from 3. Beat them together until they are totally mixed.
- Pour the oil into baking tray followed by the mixture from 4. and spread it evenly. Drizzle Heritage raw blanched sliced almonds and Heritage daily super nut over the batter or top it with any toppings you fancy.
- Bake a cake at 180 cᵒ for 20 minutes (setting the temperature requires control of both upper and lower heating elements) and bake for 10 minutes more (setting the temperature requires control of lower heating elements). Notice the color of the cake or use toothpick to check if the cake is ready.