Chinese New Year has long been an essential festival for Thai-Chinese people. Falling on February 12 this year, the festival is not only a special occasion to worship ancestors, but also a great time for a reunion dinner where family members get together to enjoy eating a wide selection of tasty dishes featuring meaningful ingredients like shiitake mushroom.
According to the traditional beliefs of Chinese people, shiitake mushroom serves as a symbol of fulfillment deemed to be a good blessing for individuals. Aside from the cultural implication, shiitake mushroom is a great source of Beta-glucan and Vitamin D which help strengthen the immune system and improve bone density respectively. Without doubt, shiitake mushroom is often included in several menus of Chinese New Year. One such example is a spring roll, a representation of golden bar signifying wealth and prosperity.
to send everyone good wishes on this Chinese New Year, Heritage Group, Thailand’s leading premium natural food and beverage producer, would like to introduce Fried Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Spring Roll. The following are the recipes for the menu.
- 10 spring roll sheets
- Selected dried mushrooms Goldfish Brand (65 g.)
- White shrimp (100 g.)
- Cabbage (50 g.)
- Carrot (50 g.)
- Vermicelli (70 g.)
- Thai Three Buddies (pepper, coriander root, and garlic)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Rice bran oil
- Flour-and-water paste
- Plum sauce
- Soak the dried mushrooms in water for 20 minutes.
- Slice the dried mushrooms and the white shrimps and cut cabbage and carrot into thin strips.
- Heat the rice bran oil in a pan. Then, add in Thai three buddies and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the dried mushrooms, white shrimps, shredded cabbage and shredded carrot and stir-fry them until well-mixed.
- Add vermicelli and stir in sugar, mushroom soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix all ingredients until well-cooked and allow them to cool.
- Lay a spring roll sheet on the chopping board and put the filling in the middle of the sheet. Fold the bottom of the sheet over the filling, roll up into sailing boat shape, and fold sides in. Apply the flour-and-water paste on the sheet above the rolled filling and continue to roll up firmly.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Fry spring rolls until their color turns golden brown. Leave them on the plate and serve with plum sauce.
As shown above, adding in dried shiitake mushrooms can make your spring rolls much more auspicious. If you are looking for dried shiitake mushrooms for this Chinese New Year, Selected Dried Mushroom Goldfish Brand is now available at Makro nationwide. For more information, please call 02-813-0954-5 or follow the activities and news of Heritage Group at www.heritagethailand.com, www.facebook.com/Heritagegroupth, and IG: heritage_thailand.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]