Tourism Authority of Thailand issued an official statement on May 27, 2021 confirming that Thailand is set to open its borders and welcome international travellers in Phuket starting 1 July 2021. Visitors will be required to stay in Phuket for at least 7 nights, after which they are free to travel around the Kingdom. 70% of the population of Phuket will be fully vaccinated before July 1, 2021
Below are the guidelines on the eligibility:
1. Vaccinated Travelers from low and medium risk countries.
2. Travelers vaccinated 14 Days to 1 Year Before the date of arrival (Approved vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Covishield)
3. Unvaccinated children under 12 years old who are traveling with vaccinated parents, (they will not need to present a Vaccine Certificate upon arrival)
4. Unvaccinated children between 12 and 17 years old traveling with vaccinated parents. They will need to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at Phuket international Airport at their own expense
Pre-Arrival and Arrival to Phuket
1. PCR Test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to departure to Phuket
2. Only direct international flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) will be admitted. However, it’s possible to access Phuket via the Middle-East and Asia via Doha, Dubai, Singapore, Taipei, Istanbul, and Hong Kong. Thai Airways is also planning regular flights from Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Paris and London.
3. Immigration will check guests papers including visas and the validity of COVID 19 vaccine certificates
4. Guests are required to download and activate the Thailand Plus Mobile App which provides real-time information about COVID and has built-in contact tracing technology in case of infection
5. Once the immigration process is complete, guests may be transferred to a SHA Approved hotel
During 7-day Stay in Phuket
1. All tours, golf and excursions must be operated by a SHA (Amazing Thailand Safely & Health Administration)-certified tour operator. Golfasian is SHA-certified and golf trips in Phuket are designed with safety in mind
2. Golfers will be able to do activities inside Phuket Island. Normal COVID safety measures will be encouraged such as social distancing, masks, hand washing and sanitizer and thermal scans upon entry into buildings.
3. Golfers wanting to go on island trips on days 6 and 7 or travel beyond Phuket on day 8 must have a PCR test one day beforehand. If a guest tests positive, she or he will be transferred immediately to the hospital. If the test is negative, they will be allowed to visit Phi Phi Island, Koh Yao or Phang Nha Bay on a one-day tour.
4. Before being able to travel to other provinces in Thailand, guests must stay at least 7 nights in Phuket.
5. It is possible to stay less than 7 nights in Phuket and travel back to home countries or any other county.
6. A PCR test 72 hours prior to departure will be needed.
Day 1, : Arrival, transfer to hotel
Day 2, : Golf at Laguna Golf Phuket (top resort course, host of 2009 Thailand Open) including caddie
Day 3, : Golf at Loch Palm Golf Club (a long-time local favorite for its unique, fun & fair design) including caddie
Day 4, : Free Day
Day 8, : Transfer to airport, departure
— 7 nights’ accommodation in Phuket
— Daily breakfast
— One caddie per golfer at each golf course
— Golf carts as mentioned in the itinerary
— All airport, land, and golf course transfers
— All transfers by private VIP high top touring van or sedan
— Daily drinking water
— 24/7 golf hotline staffed by knowledgeable service personnel
— Local knowledge, expertise, suggestions, and support throughout the trip
— All taxes and compulsory service charges
— Airfare, airport taxes, visa fees
— Personal items, meals (other than those mentioned), gratuities
Package Pricing (based on a minimum of 4 golfers traveling together):
Accommodation at the 5* Angsana Laguna Phuket / Laguna Room
— Price per golfer, twin sharing = from $1,375 USD
Accommodation at the 4* Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort / Superior Room
— Price per golfer, twin sharing = from $1,230 USD
The above package pricing is based on travel between July to October 2021.
All of our packages are fully customizable to suit your requirements. We work with all other key hotels and golf courses in Phuket, so please contact us for a non-obligatory customized proposal.