Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel invites foodies and budding and professional chefs alike to attend the exclusive chef talks and master cooking classes from the full roster of chefs starring in the 19th World Gourmet Festival.
This series of unique and dynamic masterclasses are a first for the annual international culinary event and include all thirteen chefs’ explanations, experiments and tastings. Guests will sample specially prepared dishes from the Michelin star chefs’ World Gourmet Festival menu repertoire.
Since its inception, the World Gourmet Festival has grown in prominence to feature an extraordinary line up of some of the best chefs, winemakers and food experts from across the globe. Joining the international roster of acclaimed chefs this year are award-winning chocolatier Paul A Young, Sake sommelier Seju Yang and celebrity chef Bobby Chinn.
Masterclasses including a tasting menu with wines will be hosted on Monday 3 September – Friday 7 September from 10:30 am – 12 noon (and/or) 12 noon – 1:30 pm at Montathip 1.
The Masterclass Schedule is as follows:
- Monday 3 September: Luigi Taglienti, LUME in Milan, Italy (1 Michelin star)
and Jose Avillez, Belcanto in Lisbon, Portugal (2 Michelin stars), THB 1,800 ++
- Tuesday 4 September: Bernard Bach, Le Puits Saint-Jacques in Toulouse, France (2 Michelin stars) and Alessandra del Favero and Oliver Piras, AGA Ristorante in San Vito di Cadore, Italy (1 Michelin star), THB 1,800++
- Wednesday 5 September: Jeong Ho Kim, Jungsik in Seoul, The Republic of Korea (2 Michelin stars) and Han Li Guang, Labyrinth in Singapore (1 Michelin star), THB 1,800++
- Thursday 6 September: Martin Dalsass, Talvo by Dalsass in St. Moritz, Switzerland (1 Michelin star), THB 1,400++
- Thursday 6 September: 3 Japanese Chefs with Sake Master Seju Yang, THB 3,000++
- Friday 7 September: Giuseppe Iannotti, Krèsios in Naples, Italy (1 Michelin star)
and Srijith Gopinathan, TAJ Campton Place in San Francisco, USA (1 Michelin star), THB 1,800++
- Tuesday 4 September and Wednesday 5 September: Chocolate Masterclass by Paul A Young with Afternoon Tea, 3 pm until 5 pm in The Lobby, THB 1,400++
A few notable masterclasses include the Thursday 6 September presentation of six dishes by the two visiting Japanese chefs alongside Japanese born Chef Ryohei Hieda. Each dish will be paired with carefully chosen sake selections by sommelier Seju Yang.
On Tuesday 4 September and Wednesday 5 September Master Chocolatier Paul A Young will present two chocolate masterclasses. Guest will sample his award-winning chocolates, followed by a chocolate inspired Afternoon Tea.
Anantara Siam is excited to offer guests this exclusive masterclass experience to further enrich the 19th annual World Gourmet Festival’s weeklong culinary and wine celebrations.
Masterclass prices include the tasting menu with wines. The Chocolate Masterclass price includes Afternoon Tea. Prices are per person in Thai Baht and are subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT.
For more information or to make reservations, call 0 2126 8866 ext. 1707 or visit www.WorldGourmetFestival.asia, where detailed information and prices of all the events are available.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]