Tetra Pak, a world-leading processing and packaging solutions company, celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Green Roof Project for Friends in Need (of “PA”) Volunteers Foundation. The celebration event, which was held at Big C Extra Ratchadapisek, included various activities with prizes for all the participants who volunteered to learn how to correctly fold used beverage cartons for disposal. The ceremony was led by Mr. Bert Jan Post Managing Director, Tetra Pak (Thailand) Limited and all 6 partners.
The Green Roof Project organises collection and recycling of used beverage cartons to produce roof sheets which are distributed to natural disaster victims and other needy communities nationwide. Over the past ten years, the Green Roof Project has collected approximately 254 million used cartons which were recycled into more than 66,700 roof sheets. The project is currently in its fourth stage, which began in June 2019 and will last until June 2021.
From left to right:
1. Mr. Patinya Silsupadol, Sustainability Director, Tetra Pak (Thailand) Limited.
3. Mr. Trivichak Yibyintham, Managing Director, Fiberpat Company Limited.
4. Mrs.Thongbai Werchapan, Green Production and Consumption Promotion Group Director, Department of Environment Quality Promotion.
5. Ms. Nutt-hathai Thanachaihirunsiri Senior Vice President – Group Strategy and Sustainable Development/ Risk Management/ Portfolio Management Division of BJC, Big C Supercenter Public Co., LTD.
6. Mr. Dhitiwat Wongwannakul, Committee and General Manager of Friends in Need (of “PA”) Volunteers Foundation, Thai Red Cross Society.
7. Bert Jan Post, Managing Director, Tetra Pak (Thailand) Limited,