The spirit and energy of boat racing returned to Bangkok today with the arrival of the inaugural King’s Cup Elephant Boat Race & River Festival, taking place by the banks of the Chao Phraya River near Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort.
On land, spectators were treated to an opening spiritual blessing ceremony as well as a celebration of Thai culture with a traditional dance performance and drumming.
Organised by Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, this charity event aims to raise charitable donations through ticket sales that will in turn all be donated to elephant related projects throughout Thailand.
Picture shows (from left to right):
1. Paddler from Thailand national team
2. Captain Chaiyut Wisetsuwan, Rowing and Canoeing Association of Thailand
3. Admiral Chainarong Charoenrak, President of Rowing and Canoeing Association of Thailand
4. Kathleen Heinecke, Minor International PCL’s management
5. Tim Boda, Anantara’s Director of F&B Operational Excellence & Events
6. John Roberts, Anantara’s Director of Elephants & Conservation Efforts
7. Paddler from Thailand national team
For more information and photos of the King’s Cup Elephant Boat Race & River Festival, please visit www.bangkokriverfestival.com[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]