H.E. Felipe de la Morena Casado, the Spanish Ambassador to Thailand (5th from left), presented the “Restaurantes de España” award and certificate to Executive Chef Joan Tana Dot (6th from left) at Albricias Restaurant, Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.
Albricias is the first restaurant in Thailand to receive the prestigious certification. Ms. Savitri Ramyarupa (4th from left), Managing Director of Chatrium Hospitality and H.E. Mr. Bernardo Cordova Tello, Mexican Ambassador (far right) participated in the ceremony.
Photo shows (from left)
- Christophe A. Rouleau, Second Secretary (Commercial) and Vice-Consul of the Embassy of Canada
- Adriana Mendez, wife of the Mexican Ambassador
- Luis Lopez, Economic and Commercial Counsellor of the Embassy of Spain
- Savitri Ramyarupa, Managing Director of Chatrium Hospitality
- E. Felipe de la Morena Casado, Spanish Ambassador
- Joan Tana Dot, Executive Chef of Albricias Restaurant
- Rene Balmer, Group General Manager of Chatrium Hospitality
- E. Mr. Bernardo Cordova Tello, Mexican Ambassador
A certification by the ICEX Spain Trade & Investment – Gastronomy Department, a government agency for the promotion of Spanish exports, “Restaurantes de España”
is awarded to Spanish restaurants abroad endorsing them as authentic world ambassadors of Spanish cuisine. It certifies the use of Spanish products, food presentation, and the quality of food and service.
A Barcelona native and a graduate of the prestigious Escuela Bellart, Chef Joan Tana Dot has over 20 years of culinary experience in a number of 1-3 Michelin-starred restaurants around the world. Using only the best products from his country, Chef Joan takes inspiration from his heritage, combining it with his own ideas and techniques to prepare contemporary dishes that stay true to the cuisine’s traditional roots.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]