Emphasizing being the World-Class Best-in-Asia Festive Destination, covering 34 campaigns in the country and abroad with ‘6 Super Boosters’, pushing Q4 with more than 100 events to the end of the year, with an aim to increase traffic by 20%
– Campaign starting 22 Nov 2019 – 6 Jan 2020 at centralwOrld Central Plaza, Central Festival and Central Phuket nationwide
– Highlight the country’s most beautiful Christmas tree, the most beautiful landmark at centralwOrld. And the first time in SEA to feature a Louis Vuitton Christmas tree at Central Phuket
– Highlighted the ‘Life-engaged Storytelling’, the Christmas Kingdom of Happiness from a Hip- & cutest Character by World-Famous Artist and world-class animation from famous studios in Thailand. For the first time ever, the Santa Claus village will feature an AR gaming experience at CPN shopping centers nationwide
– Strengthen the campaign with Partnership with world-class New Tech companies such as JOOX Music Application and Grab Thailand.
– Thailand & AIS BANGKOK COUNTDOWN 2020 will wrap up this year and highlight centralwOrld and 11 CPN shopping centers as the ‘Times Square of Asia’.
Central Pattana Public Company Limited (CPN) together with its partners announced that they have spent 400 million baht to create ‘The Kingdom of Happiness 2020…Where life celebrates’, create a ‘Life-engaged Storytelling’ with magnificent festive decorations featuring Santa Claus and his friends. This year’s decorations are done by world-class artist Javier Gonzalez Burgos, who has already impressed Thai people with his artwork. This time, his story-telling design features the story of a quest to find the missing star from the top of the Christmas tree. The star will show itself all over CPN’s shopping centers. Many events and promotions will be held throughout the 45 days leading up to the end of the year. Customers can expect as many as 100 events to be held nationwide as CPN extends the season’s greetings to Thai people all over the country. The ‘6 Super Boosters’ will be used to extend happiness to people all over the world. The six not to be missed boosters are: 1) World-class festive decorations featuring a digitized version of Santa’s kingdom that lets people take fun pictures and enjoy an AR game that lets you collect stars; 2) The largest and most beautiful Christmas tree; 3) A world-class Christmas celebration at centralwOrld; 4) A ‘Christmas Market’ featuring over a million presents; 5) Collectible Christmas Gifts and the biggest promotions of the year; and 6) A magnificent world-class countdown event. With these booster efforts, CPN hopes to attract a huge number of local people and tourists from all over the world, aiming to boost traffic at its shopping centers by 20% year-on-year and give a major boost to Thailand’s economy in the last quarter, underlining Thailand as the ultimate tourist destination of Asia.
Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Central Pattana PLC, elaborated on the strategy behind this major campaign, saying: “Our strategy is built on CPN’s vision of making all its 34 shopping centers the ‘Center of Life’ for people at their respective locations both in Thailand and Malaysia (Central i-City). CPN envisions shopping centers to be more than just a retail space for selling products and services but rather ‘Experience Centers’ that offer diversified and personalized experience to fit the lifestyles of all individuals, especially the younger generation who are growing every day and can create an impact on social media platforms. This is why all activities and events held at CPN’s shopping centers have to integrate creativity and innovation in order to respond to the lifestyle needs of people at different times in their lives. CPN chooses to use decorations to communicate with people through Life-engaged Storytelling to create emotional connections while also using Music Marketing strategy with JOOX to create special music Sung by the famous artists, Non Thanon and earth patravee remains a happy landmark throughout the year..”
THE KINGDOM OF HAPPINESS 2020… Where life celebrates campaign kicks off with the Christmas tree, which will be lit throughout the 46-day campaign period until the New Year countdown event, with many activities planned in between. With this campaign, CPN aims to create ‘6 Super Boosters’ of the year, which are:
1. Being a ‘World-Class Best-in-Asia Festive Destination’ by creating ‘Life-engaged Storytelling’ through decorations of a quest to find the missing stars in four kingdoms: The Star Lagoon, The Mystic Forest, The Market Park, and The Santa Castle. The decorations will create emotional connections with visitors who come to see the exquisite decorations at CPN’s shopping centers and which attract tourists from all over the world. Every year, CPN brings in world-renowned artists to help create remarkable experiences and turn all of CPN’s shopping centers into the ultimate New Year destinations that people must check out. This year, CPN collaborated with Javier Gonzalez Burgos, a world-renowned illustrator who has already delighted Thai people with his work in the past. Mr. Burgos has created adorable Christmas character sculptures for the festive decorations. CPN also collaborated with Thailand’s leading, award-winning animation studio, Igloo Studio, to create a story-telling animation that regales people with the tale of the quest to find the stars of King Santa and his four friends — Reindeer, Polar Bear, Snowy and Mighty.
In addition, for the first time ever, Santa Claus’s kingdom will be brought into the digital realm with an AR gaming aspect that lets people scan QR codes at various decorated photo sections and stores within the shopping centers in order in join the quest to find the missing stars. People who join the quest and successfully find all the stars required, and spend at least 1,000 at the shopping centers, will stand to win a special designed Scomadi TT125i. Four are up for grabs (each priced at 109,000 baht).
2. The Best in Town Xmas Tree at CPN is set to bring the festive joy to everyone. Standing at 35 meters tall, the largest and most beautiful Christmas tree in South East Asia will be decorated with more than 2 million twinkling lights and placed in front of CentralwOrld. For the first time ever, the first and only Louis Vuitton Christmas tree in South East Asia can be seen at Central Phuket. All the Christmas trees in front of CPN’s shopping centers will be the best in town to bring joy to Thai people nationwide.
3. Join in on a world-class Christmas celebration at centralwOrld at the ‘wOrld of happiness’ event, where CPN kicks off the holiday season with the Christmas Tree Lighting-up Celebration 2020. People will get to see the magnificent Christmas tree in front of centralwOrld lit up with its 2 million twinkling lights. The tree lighting ceremony will be integrated into the panarOmix screen, which will display exciting shows that can never be seen anywhere else. Feel the excitement of seeing a giant 5-meter-tall Santa Claus and a parade of Santa’s friends, who will bring joy and smiles to everyone. Enjoy special Illuminating celebrations of multi-media shows by Thanaerng, Captain, Obnithi of Tempt, Trinity and SB5 at Sq. A-D in front of the shopping complex spanning more than 4,000 square meters and see the Christmas carol singing contest with singers from Bangkok’s leading schools. Your Christmas festive spirit will be truly uplifted.
4. The ‘Christmas Market’, the biggest festive gift festival in Thailand, will incorporate the beautiful and warm atmosphere of Christmas markets from all over the world in one place. A wide range of carefully selected items from various brands will be available at the market, with more than 1 million items to choose from. At WINTER MARCHE @ CentralWorld, you can expect to see more than 10,000 items of creative gifts from renowned brands. There will be also be a special activity led by the famed lifestyle guru and concept designer Ploy Chariyaves, who will share creative ideas about choosing different kinds of presents. GIFTMAS 2019, which will be held at CentralFestival EastVille, CentralPlaza Grand Rama 9, CentralPlaza Ladprao and Central Village, will feature a creative gift market and free workshops.
5. Collectible Limited items have returned along with the biggest promotion of the year. The limited-edition with special designed are available in the form of blankets and cups for customers who meet the spending requirements. Customers who make the top-ten list of spenders during the campaign will each receive a diamond ring from Jubilee (each worth 100,000 baht). CPN is also joining hands with partners to run the biggest promotion of the year, offering up to 13% cashback rewards to members of participating credit cards such as Central The1 Card, AEON, Government Savings Bank, Kasikornbank, SCB and MasterCard.
In addition, CPN is also partnering with Grab Thailand to run the SPECIAL WEEK campaign from December 9 to 15, offering an 80-baht discount to customers who apply the ‘HappyDestination’ discount code when calling for Grab Premium and Grab SUV to pick them up to go to any of CPN’s shopping centers in the provinces where Grab services are available. They can also enjoy an 80-baht discount for their Grab ride back (limited to 100 codes/day). Customers can also take part in the ‘Santa Gifts – Grab – Go’ activity to extend the joy of the festive season to underprivileged children. A group of Santas from GRAB Thailand will bring Christmas presents to needy children on December 24.
6. CPN will wrap up this year with the best and most joyful New Year countdown event, THAILAND & AIS BANGKOK COUNTDOWN 2020, to highlight CentralWorld as the Times Square of Asia. The countdown landmark @CentralWorld has been acknowledged by CNN. CentralWorld and all 11 Central shopping centers nationwide will be highlighted as the World’s and Thailand’s Best Entertainment Countdown locations.
Partners for ‘The Kingdom of Happiness’ campaign include Central The 1 Credit Card, AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand) Public Company Limited, Government Savings Bank (GSB), Kasikornbank Public Company Limited (KBank), The Siam Commercial Bank PCL(SCB), MasterCard, Scomadi Thailand, Tencent (Thailand) Company Limited, Joox Music Application, Grab Thailand and Jubilee Enterprise Public Company Limited
A wide range of goods from Christmas and New Year collections by various brands will be available at CPN shopping centers during the year-end holiday season, underlining Thailand’s position as the ultimate tourist destination of Asia. At The Kingdom Of Happiness 2020… Where life celebrates, everyone will get to experience the joy of the year-end festive season. The campaign runs from November 22, 2019 through January 6, 2020 at 34 locations of centralwOrld, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival and Central Phuket nationwide.