Total packaging industry deals for August 2019 worth $786.04m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 33% over the previous month and a drop of 77.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.53bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 25% over the last 12-month average with 21 deals against the average of 28 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $288.6m.
Packaging industry deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 99.6% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $782.49m, against the overall value of $786.04m recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Softys Brasil’s $288.6m acquisition of Sepac Serrados e Pasta de Celulose
- The $175m asset transaction with Rayonier Advanced Materials by Sappi
- Xtech Invest’s $173.54m private equity deal with Sintex NP
- The $141.52m acquisition of Visy Packaging (Thailand) by SCG Packaging Public
- Mitsui’s acquisition of Minima Technology for $3.82m.