The National Innovation Agency of Thailand (Public Organization) or NIA has revealed a list of people who have an impact on Thailand’s science and art in the project “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2” which includes 100 creators under the concept of Creative & Aesthetic in 6 fields namely artist, designer, social mover, technology entrepreneur, creative entrepreneur, and knowledge provider.
Those 100 creators with innovations in science and art have presented inspirational ideas, works and achievements to encourage Thai people to think outside the box and take the initiative to develop new innovations with economic and social values, as well as being part of driving Thailand to be an innovative country with diversity. This is an online exhibition where the “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2” e–book will be launched. Those interested can visit the exhibition online and follow up on the e–book on the website www.nia100faces.com and the NIA 100 Faces application.
Dr. Pun–arj Chairatana, the Executive Director of the National Innovation Agency of Thailand (Public Organization) or NIA, said that NIA is an organization responsible for driving innovations in various fields and fostering the creation of innovations necessary for the development of the society and the country. It has organized “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2” under the concept of “Creative & Aesthetic” that showcases ideas, works, achievements of 100 inspiring creative creators and innovations in science and art in all 6 fields consisting of artist, designer, social mover, tech entrepreneur, creative entrepreneur, and knowledge provider. The creators include Alex Rendell, a young actor with a green heart; Watchara Sukchum or Jennie Panhan, a leading entertainer in Thailand; Kongkan – Kantapon Metheekul, a global artist who inspires the new generation; Dujdao Vahanapakorn, Thailand’s first kinetic therapist; Katakorn Voraakhom, a Thai female architect who won a world–class design award; as well as Olarn Weranond, a financial innovation influencer; and etc.
Dr. Pun–arj added that in today’s world, although there are many innovative products, if you look closely, you will find that the innovation that makes differences in technology or so–called hard innovation makes up less than 10 percent. Meanwhile, the other 90 percent represents soft innovation that includes design, aesthetic use, and marketing methods. These works have made a huge change in the industry, and it is the work derived from the paradigm shift and the process which is the heart of innovation. Innovation is an important tool that will lead the country to overcome current problems which requires the use of knowledge in various fields in order to create new things with better social and economic values without being limited to technology. Moreover, innovation is another mechanism that encourages Thai people to dare to think outside the box and take the initiative to develop new things as part of driving Thailand to be a diverse innovative country which is ready to step into Thailand 4.0 according to the government’s policy.
“100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2” will be held in an online format due to the restrictions following the COVID–19 pandemic. In addition to the introduction of 100 creative creators who inspire innovations in science and arts in 6 professional fields, the exhibition showcases concepts of symbolic design elements in the form of visual exhibition that allows everyone to experience the exhibition virtually. Furthermore, the “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2” e–book will be launched. The e–book combines ideas, works, and achievements of 100 creators with amazing features through AR technology that will create a more fun and engaging reading experience. The e–book can be read on both the website and the NIA 100 Faces app. There will also be exclusive talks from the representatives of inspiring and innovative creators to share ideas, experiences, and inspiration in creating works that will encourage Thai people with creative energy to come up with their own innovations, Dr. Pun–arj concluded.
For those who are interested in “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers 2“, please visit the exhibition online and follow up with the e–book on the website www.nia100faces.com and the NIA 100 Faces application. For more news and details, please visit www.facebook.com/NIA100FACES