The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is gearing up for heightened interest in its ‘TAT Newsroom Blogger Thailand 2019’ activity heading into the New Year, as an easy application process could produce more entries and the best competition to date.
Applicants only need to quickly create a profile here using a verified Facebook or Google account and complete the application form. Applying bloggers should be residing outside of Thailand with an established, active blog (website) plus at least one main social media account with serious engagement.
Content wise entries must cover one of the TAT’s “Amazing Thailand Open to the New Shades” communication categories, or experienced based entries (for those who have not visited Thailand). Rules for submission do apply.
- Gastronomy: Street food, fine-dining, home cooked meals, cooking class, and local food tours in Thailand.
- Nature and Beach: Some of the most outstanding natural sites in Thailand.
- Arts and Crafts: Thailand’s performing arts, local wisdom – silk, textiles, ceramics, museums, festivals, etc.
- Culture: Thai traditional culture reflected in religions, sports, dramatic arts, etc.
- Way of Life: Farm tour or homestay in Thailand, night markets, street art, etc.
Applicants should create well-composed entries that are organically beneficial to Thai tourism by promoting Thailand’s good image. Only approved entries will be published for voting and judging.
The six most outstanding entries, including two selected by popular vote and four by the TAT Newsroom team, will receive a return airfare and a bespoke five-day/four-night trip that explores Phuket and Phang Nga provinces. Trip dates are tentatively set for the last week of March 2019 or the first week of April 2019.
Winning entries in the popular vote category must receive a minimum of 5,000 “votes” to be eligible for any prizes.