Black Friday is right around the corner, and this year the epic travel deals on www.expedia.co.th will see more participating hotel and airline partners offer Thai travellers great offers. Kicking off on Black Friday, 29th November, travellers can find select hotels up to 60 percent off, plus special discounts on flights and packages. Then, the savings continue until Monday with limited coupons that can be used to score even deeper discounts on the mobile app.
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday have historically been more for big retailers selling packaged goods, and not necessarily a big moment in time to sell travel,” says Lavinia Rajaram, APAC Head of Communications for Brand Expedia. “We know consumers are increasingly interested in spending money on experiences over material goods, which is likely why we’ve seen a rise in travel offerings during this key time.”
Consumers take advantage of Black Friday discounts to get away ASAP
While some travellers are booking summer travel or Thai New Year Season for the following year, the majority are treating themselves to near-term trips during a very busy and sometimes expensive season. Based on Expedia’s 2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale data, here’s what travellers leveraged the deals to book:
• End-of-year travel: In 2018, 48 percent of the flights booked during Black Friday weekend were for trips that took place before the end of the year.
• Holiday trips: About 15 percent of the packages booked during Black Friday weekend 2018 were for travel during the Christmas and New Year’s Eve timeframe (Dec. 21, 2018 – Jan. 1, 2019)
• Last-minute getaways: More than a quarter of the hotel nights booked during Black Friday weekend 2018 were for last-minute travel (between 5 and 14 days out).
• Short Haul Trips Top the chart: Top destinations booked by Thai travellers during Black Friday weekend 2018 include short haul destinations such as Taipei, Tokyo & Osaka, Seoul, Chiang Mai & Bangkok.
“What this tells us is that Thai travellers are taking advantage of these amazing deals on flights, hotel and packages to get away ASAP. The top destinations provide even more color, showing travellers are taking trips to destinations not too far from home and treating themselves to a weekend of good fun at familiar cities,” says Rajaram.
Black Friday deals include:
• Up to 60% off selected hotels, no coupon needed, plus deals on flights and packages site-wide. Terms and conditions apply. Click here to shop for Black Friday deals: https://www.expedia.co.th/blackfriday?&langid=1054
• Hotel App-exclusive coupons: 2 x 75% coupons available for a very limited time. Max. savings of THB15,000. Travel by March 31, 2020. Extremely limited quantity, while supplies last. Terms and conditions apply. Click here to purchase: https://www.expedia.co.th/g/rf/expthmerbfapphot75
• All device coupons: 10% off selected hotels. Max. savings of THB15,000. Book by 2 December 2019, 11.59pm and travel by March 31, 2020. Very limited quantity of 42 coupons, while supplies last. Terms and conditions apply. Click here to purchase: https://www.expedia.co.th/g/rf/expthmerbfcmallhot10
Coupons go live at 9am local Thailand time on Black Friday, and two times on Cyber Monday (9am local time and 12pm local time). The App-exclusive coupons are very limited, and all coupons are only available while supplies last. But the good news is even without a coupon, travellers can find thousands of deeply discounted travel deals all weekend long.
Get prepared to save:
There are a few things you can do while you wait for the year’s most anticipated shopping weekend to arrive. After all, vacations take some planning!
1. Many of Expedia’s best deals and coupons are only available on the mobile app – so be sure to download before the sale starts.
2. If you haven’t already, create an account on Expedia.co.th. It’s free, plus you’ll need a log-in to access the Black Friday coupons.
3. Sign up for Expedia Rewards so that any booking you make earns you points that you can use later on flights, hotels, activities and more. Tip: bookings on the mobile app earn you double points.
4. Start favoriting hotels on Expedia.co.th and the app. Coupons only work on select hotels, so look for VIP Access™ and boutique properties. These are more likely to allow coupons at check-out versus the larger chain hotels.
5. Keep an open mind! Instead of having a specific destination or hotel in mind, think about what type of trip you want (i.e. warm weather), and be ready with options.