As Thailand becomes more easily accessible to the world, SiteMinder’s data reflects the changes taking place in hotel bookings locally.
- In May, 57% of planned arrivals to Thai hotels are currently from international guests, extending to over 75% by June, and the volume of bookings is also extending.
- Since the recent decision to lift the pre-travel testing requirement for international arrivals from April 1, bookings have increased to 80% of this same time in 2019, and are up from 68% at the start of April.
- In Phuket, bookings went from 73% of pre-pandemic levels to 82% during April.
- In Koh Samui, hotel bookings have increased from 74% to 99%.
- For Bangkok businesses, bookings have steadily rose from 57% to 72% through the month.
- The biggest source market is currently tourists from the UK, followed by Germany, the US and France.