Yangon International Airport (“YIA”) unveiled today the Mingalar Sky Premium Lounge, the first 24-hour, five-star premium lounge to offer express passenger check-in in the country. The lounge opening was witnessed by Guest-of-Honour U Maung Maung Soe, the Mayor of Yangon, and U Ye Htut Aung, Deputy Director General, Department of Civil Aviation, other senior officials from the Department of Civil Aviation as well as representatives of airlines.
Located at Terminal 1, Mingalar Sky Lounge features a ground-floor reception area leading to the lounge itself on the second floor. It is the fourth Mingalar Sky lounge to open at YIA, the country’s main international airport which is operated by Yangon Aerodrome Company Limited (“YACL”).
Celebrating the opening of Myanmar’s First-Ever Premium Service Lounge at Yangon International Airport
Managed by Mingalar Sky Company Limited, the lounge offers round-the-clock services for travelers, including those on transit, with a free seating area for up to 80 passengers and six private rooms whichcan each accommodate up to 10 persons.
Up to three passengers can access the lounge with a one-time payment of US$200 for the service package which entitles users to the lounge’s dedicated departure services including:
1. Customer service staff welcome at Commercially Important Person (CIP) check-in area 2. Assistance for check-in 3. Escort through the airport immigration and security 4. First Class Airport Lounge service 5. Escort to boarding gate with buggy 6. Wheelchair service available upon request
Once inside the Mingalar Sky Lounge itself, passengers can also access other services such as:
• Luggage handling
• Check-in, immigration, and security screening assistance
• Complimentary Wi-Fi access and charging stations for mobile devices
• International a la carte menu
• Bar service with premium alcoholic beverages
• Business center facilities
• Flight information display
• Shower room facilities with amenities
• Private rooms (additional charge)
• Limousine airport transfers (with additional charge)
YIA currently operates two other lounges in Terminal 1 and one at Terminal 3, which are open to international travelers and members of airport lounge access programs such as Priority Pass, Dragon Pass, Lounge Buddy, and Plaza Premium.
“As YIA is Myanmar’s busiest international airport, it is essential that we continually improve our facilities, operations and services to attract travelers. Worldwide, discerning travelers are demanding higher levels of service and sophistication, and we are raising the standards accordingly. Our new distinct and ultra-modern travel lounge is designed to be havens of comfort, exclusivity and tranquility,” said Mr. Jose Angeja, Chief Operating Officer of YACL.
“We look forward to welcoming our valued guests to the Mingalar Sky Lounge, where our premium services and well-trained personnel will create a restful and relaxing experience for travelers before and after their flights,” he added.
“It is with great pride that we are launching this world-class lounge in Myanmar’s aviation gateway.
We will continue to provide a unique and tranquil experience as we strive to meet the ever-changing needs of our valued guests,” said Phyo Wai Naing, General Manager of Mingalar Sky Company Limited.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]