Starting from 1 December 2021, Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited will resume its first post-COVID19 international service between Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) to support Thailand’s re-opening project.
The resumed services between Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) will be operated by an Airbus A320 aircraft, starting with four flights per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday). The outbound flight PG931 departs Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International airport) at 08.50hrs. and arrives at Phnom Penh International Airport at 10.05hrs. The inbound flight PG932 leaves Phnom Penh International airport at 10.55hrs. and arrives Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International airport) at 12.10hrs.
Mr. Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth, president of Bangkok Airways, said, “We are more than delighted to announce the resumption of our second international flight after we resumed our first international flight between Samui – Singapore in August 2021. The Bangkok – Phnom Penh route is anticipated to boost Thailand’s tourism and business sectors. We have assured that both Thailand and Cambodia have robust processes in place to ensure leisure and business travels between the two cities can be undertaken safely.”
The resumed services between Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) – Phnom Penh will make it a total of 10 destinations the airline is currently operating which are;
- Bangkok – Samui (v.v.) 6 flights daily (Excluding Samui sealed routes flights that accommodate international passengers – 2 flights daily)
- Bangkok – Chiang Mai (v.v.) 3 flights daily
- Bangkok – Phuket (v.v.) 3 flights daily
- Bangkok – Lampang (v.v.) 2 flights daily
- Bangkok – Sukhothai (v.v.) 1 flight daily
- Samui – Phuket (v.v.) 2 flights daily
- Samui – Singapore (v.v.) 3 flights per week (Monday, Thursday, and Sunday)
- Bangkok – Trat (v.v.) 1 flight daily
- Phuket – Hat Yai (v.v.) 1 flight daily
- Bangkok – Phnom Penh (v.v.) 4 flights per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday)
Passengers can visit the website https://www.bangkokair.com/flight/flightSchedule for more details about flight schedules.
Moreover, from 1 December 2021, the airline will start offering snack bag for its domestic and international passengers. The snack bag will be offered to passengers during disembarking the aircraft. However, passengers are not allowed to bring any food and beverages and to eat or drink on board as per COVID-19 preventive measures issued by the Civil Authority of Thailand.
The airline would also like to inform passengers that its international passenger lounges remain closed until further notice.
Bangkok Airways strictly follows precautionary measures against the COVID-19, including disinfecting and cleaning key areas such as check-in counters and passenger lounges. The airline’s precaution and prevention plans follow the standards and guidelines of the Department of Disease Control, the Ministry of Public Health, and The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT).
For more information and reservations, passengers can contact the airline via the following channels;
- Call Center: Tel. 1771 (within Thailand) or +66 2-270-6699 (during 08.00hrs. – 20.00hrs.)
- PG Live Chat: https://bit.ly/PGLiveChatEN
- Email: email@example.com