Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary and destination-focused cruise line, celebrated the float-out of its new 67,000 ton, 1,200 guest Vista on 25 February at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy, bordering the famed seaport of Genoa.
Shortly after the ceremony, held in full compliance with the current health regulations, the massive building dock began filling with water and Vista became one with the sea for the very first time.
Presiding over the ceremony were Giuseppe Torrente, Shipyard Director for Fincaniteri; and His Excellency Monsignor Tasca, Archbishop of Genoa. After the blessing of the ship, the shipyard’s Madrina, Miss Anna Trucco, released a bottle of prosecco against the hull to invite good fortune for the ship and all those that will sail on her.
“Vista is Oceania Cruises’ most anticipated ship in the history of our company, and I am thrilled to be here with our partners from Fincantieri as the ship morphs from blueprints and steel to into reality. Vista is truly a ship of dreams, and we cannot wait to welcome her inaugural season guests next year,” stated Howard Sherman, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Luigi Matarazzo, General Manager of the Merchant Ships Division of Fincantieri, stated: “Ten years have passed since we delivered Riviera to our friends of Oceania Cruises, from the same Sestri shipyard. The launch of this new ship therefore represents an important milestone not only of her construction, but also in the consolidation of the relationship with the shipping company. I am sure that Vista will give life to a new class of ships that will stand out for its refinement and technological advances”.
Vista will sail her maiden voyage from Rome to Barcelona on 14 April 2023, followed by twelve additional European voyages prior to commencing sailings from the United States to the Canadian Maritimes and New England, the Panama Canal, and the Caribbean.
- 12 dining options, four of them brand new
- 1,200 guests served by 800 crew members = two crew members for every three guests
- The most spacious standard staterooms at sea – more than 290 square feet
- All Penthouse Suites and staterooms feature large bathrooms with oversized rainforest showers
- All Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites feature luxurious soaking tubs
- Palatial Owner’s Suites and top-of-ship Library styled exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home
- New Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms for Solo Travellers
- Eight bars, lounges, and entertainment venues
- Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center and Aquamar Spa Terrace
- Staffed Concierge and Executive Lounges for Concierge Staterooms and Suites, respectively
For additional information on Oceania Cruises’ small-ship luxury product, exquisitely crafted cuisine, and expertly curated travel experiences, visit OceaniaCruises.com, call +852 2165 6010 (Hong Kong), +65 31 651 677 (Singapore), or speak with a professional travel advisor.[pro_ad_display_adzone id="915575"]