Great Wall Motor (GWM), as the ‘Global Intelligent Technology Company’, is reaffirming its mission to become Thailand’s xEV leader, bringing a parade of six electric vehicle models and cutting-edge automobile innovations to the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show.
With the concept of ‘Leading the Future’, GWM is featuring the first-ever showcase in Thailand of the ‘TANK 300 HEV Concept Car’ and the ‘ORA Good CAT GT’, along with popular models currently sold in the Thai market – the All New HAVAL H6 Hybrid SUV, All New HAVAL JOLION Hybrid SUV and ORA Good Cat. GWM is also bringing back the All New HAVAL H6 Plug-in Hybrid SUV for show attendees to have a closer look at and offering engaging consumer activities, exclusives deals and promotions at its booth.
Elliot Zhang, President of Great Wall Motor ASEAN, said: “Stepping into our second year in Thailand, GWM continues to build on our achievements in our first year, focusing on our mission to become Thailand’s xEV leader and pushing the commitment to drive the growth of the electric vehicle ecosystem. So far, we have added over 6,000 electric vehicles with intelligent technology to Thai roads, and we will continue to serve Thai consumers with smart, safe and eco-friendly electric vehicles. Today, we are thrilled to present the TANK 300 HEV Concept Car for the first time in Thailand for consumers to witness its classic off-road styling and powerful performance, a perfect fit for adventurous urbanites. At the same time, we are aiming to develop Thailand into our R&D and manufacturing center of ASEAN, and later become our manufacturing and export center for the global market. Under the 4+4 Strategy, currently we are operating in four markets – Thailand, Laos, Myanmar and Brunei, and are planning to tap into four additional markets: Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and the Philippines in order to expand our network and strengthen the region’s automotive industry at the global level.”
Narong Sritalayon, Managing Director of Great Wall Motor (Thailand), said: “GWM is committed to operating with a focus on customer-centric methodologies, while continuing to serve customers with new experiences through our Online-to-Offline services. For this year, we are planning to bring five electric car models from three brands to the Thai market. Of these, two are pure electric vehicles from the ORA brand. The plan is not only to meet the growing demand for electric cars in Thailand but also to support the government’s electric vehicle incentive program. Additionally, following our commitment to listening to customers’ voices and to re-ignite the xEV buzz in the industry, we will be bringing the ORA Good Cat GT, a sportier design and performance level model of its class, to the event for the first time. We are excited to give Thai fans a chance to see the GT model up close at the show.”
Meanwhile, a memorandum of understanding (MOU) has been signed between GWM and the Excise Department to promote Thailand’s electric vehicle adoption and production during the first phase in which the Thai Government will provide a subsidy of 70,000 – 150,000 baht per unit depending on car battery size, together with additional value-added tax (VAT) reduction privileges. In this regard, GWM is ready to pledge its full collaboration to motivate the adoption of pure EV cars across the nation. GWM is pleased to announce new retail prices under government subsidy (phase one) of all three variants of the ORA Good Cat currently sold in the Thai market as follows:
- Price for ORA Good Cat 400 TECH is from 989,000 baht to 828,500 baht.
- Price for ORA Good Cat 400 PRO is from 1,059,000 baht to 898,500 baht.
- Price for ORA Good Cat 500 ULTRA is from 1,199,000 baht to 1,038,500 baht.
“In addition, as a token of our appreciation for customers who have shown their love and trust in GWM’s brands and products, GWM is offering additional benefits worth over 25,000 baht to ORA Good Cat customers who received their vehicle prior to the MOU signing or before March 21, 2022. These benefits include 100,000 GWM Points to redeem products and services in the GWM app and 15,000 baht of charging credit to use at any of GWM’s charging facilities nationwide.”
“With our goals of strengthening Thailand’s xEV ecosystem and becoming the market xEV leader, GWM continues to support all aspects of the development of the xEV ecosystem. This includes collaborating with the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), Metropolitan Electric Authority (MEA) and Provincial Electric Authority (PEA) to set up charging stations in key destinations, to upgrade the GWM app and to educate the public about xEV charging options to serve a growing number of xEV users in Thailand,” Narong added.
At the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show, GWM is bringing a parade of six xEV models and cutting-edge automotive innovations for Thai consumers to experience up close, while offering special deals and privileges only at this event, reflecting its leadership in the futuristic electric vehicle industry.
The first-ever overseas showcase of the TANK 300 HEV Concept Car in Thailand
This is the first-ever showcase in an overseas market of the electric off-road SUV for adventurers after its world premiere at the Shanghai Auto Show last year. The TANK 300 HEV Concept Car from the TANK brand is outstanding for its classic design with a perfect mix of ruggedness, luxury and modern convenience. The vehicle is equipped with a powerful engine and intelligent technologies that suit urban driving lifestyles while also catering to those going on adventurous journeys. It is fitted with sturdy front and rear bumpers and durable big wheels, along with seven driving modes for all types of terrain; L2+ intelligent driving assistance system; and more than 30 driving assistance features. The TANK 300 HEV Concept Car is built on the TANK platform, GWM’s intelligent platform for off-roaders.
The first-ever showcase in Thailand of the sporty pure electric ORA Good Cat GT
Thailand’s first exhibit of another popular model of pure electric car from the ORA brand. The ORA Good Cat GT is renowned for its powerful performance in its class, with maximum power of 105 kW and maximum torque of 210 Nm. It boasts an eye-catching sporty design featuring a carbon-fiber grille at the front and GT-inscribed stylish spoiler at the rear, along with 18” two-tone alloy wheels and red brake disc calipers. Detailed in unique red and black, the GT interior is equipped with a driver memory seat with a welcome seat system, driver seat with massage system, auto air ventilation system for driver and front passenger, and a hands-free electric tailgate.
The return of the All New HAVAL H6 Plug-in Hybrid SUV
After the world premiere in Thailand late last year, which garnered tremendous interest from journalists and consumers alike, GWM is bringing back the HAVAL H6 Plug-in Hybrid SUV for Thai consumers to have a closer look at again. The HAVAL H6 Plug-in Hybrid SUV is built on an intelligent modular platform, the GWM LEMON Platform, powered by a 1.5-liter turbo engine combined with an electric motor and a multi-mode DHT electric hybrid system, resulting high performance of 326 hp and torque of 530 Nm, and compatible with various driving modes while maintaining good fuel efficiency. It also comes with eight driving modes, including a 100% electric-powered drive, which can take the vehicle up to 201 km, according to NEDC standards. Its exterior design stands out as a sports SUV concept, featuring a premium black grille, matched with 19” sports alloy wheels, stylish intelligent LED headlamps and a horizontal LED taillight strip, and a large 1.2 m panoramic sunroof with 360˚ views. Its interior design comes in a two-tone black and white décor that truly resonates with the ‘Future Intelligent Cockpit’ concept. The car also comes with a luxurious electric shifter and high-gloss color, an easy-to-use touchscreen audio display, enabling seamless connection to the entertainment system, including playing MP3s, JOOX and Navigator. The vehicle is also equipped with an automatic left and right air conditioning system and a PM2.5 air-filter. Other hi-tech features include a wireless charger, smart key, push-start system, automatic electric tailgate with kick-activated sensor and a spacious cabin for multi-purpose usage.
On top of all this, GWM is also bringing three popular models of electric vehicle currently sold in the Thai market, along with special offerings and exclusive benefits for customers and users interested in purchasing a vehicle at the event.
All New HAVAL H6 Hybrid SUV: the first model that GWM launched in the Thai market; it has maintained its leading position in the compact SUV segment since its first batch delivery.
- Enjoy a special 1.79% interest rate for up to 48 months of installments when making a 25% down payment, free one-year first-class car insurance, home delivery service with full fuel tank, GWM PRO Service Inclusive (GPSI) for five years or 100,000 kilometers, free car pick-up or Delivery On-Demand Service for car maintenance and/or GWM Mobile Service (up to a maximum of four times), and free 24-hour Roadside Assistance for five years. Earn 15,000 GWM Points to redeem rewards and services on the GWM app, and many other privileges worth over 100,000 baht in total.
- Exclusive for the PRO variant, enjoy a special 0.99% interest rate over 48 months with a 25% down payment, complimentary window film and a rear luggage tray, and many more benefits worth over 138,000 baht.
- Customers purchasing and receiving vehicles during March 23, 2022 – April 30, 2022, can participate the “HAVAL H6 HOLE IN ONE” campaign by providing their name and last name, phone number, and a photo with All New HAVAL H6 Hybrid SUV beneath the activity post on GWM application. Share the activity post from HAVAL Thailand to their personal facebook page and set the post as public with #HAVALH6HOLEINONE for a chance to receive 1-year Phothalai Gold Member Club cards and Voucher Gift Cards or admissions to the Workshop at Driving Range & Tournament with Golf GURU, totaling 30 prizes, valued more than 2,500,000 baht.
All New HAVAL JOLION Hybrid SUV: the model that comes with intelligent technologies, setting a new standard for the B-SUV segment.
- Down payments start from only 5% or up to 84 months of installments. Free one-year first-class car insurance, GWM PRO Service Inclusive (GPSI) for five years or 100,000 kilometers, home delivery service with full fuel tank, free car pick-up or Delivery On-Demand Service for car maintenance and/or GWM Mobile Service (up to a maximum of four times), and free 24-hrs Roadside Assistance for five years. Earn 15,000 GWM Points to redeem rewards and services on the GWM app, and many other privileges worth over 96,000 baht in total.
- Customers purchasing and receiving vehicles during March 23, 2022 – April 30, 2022, can post a picture of their memorable moment with the All New HAVAL JOLION Hybrid SUV beneath the activity post of “Make your trip WOW with HAVAL JOLION” (เที่ยวให้ WOW กับ HAVAL Jolion) on GWM application with #เที่ยวให้wowกับHavalJolion for a chance to receive Accor Plus Hotels member cards or gift cards, totaling 50 prizes, valued at 1,210,000 baht.
ORA Good Cat: the 100% electric car that has created a pure EV phenomenon and quickly taken the leading position in the Thai market since its first launch. In 2021, the ORA brand adjusted its branding position to focus on the concept ‘Lady First’ and ‘SHE’ strategy to differentiate itself in the automotive market. The brand now focuses on women, and GWM has communicated this concept in the Thai market since its official launch of the ORA Good Cat in Thailand.
- Get a special 1.79% interest rate for up to 48 months of installments when making a 25% down payment. Free home charger with installation service, GWM PRO Service Inclusive (GPSI) for five years, free car pick-up or Delivery On-Demand Service for car maintenance and/or GWM Mobile Service (up to a maximum of four times), and free 24-hour Roadside Assistance for five years. Earn 15,000 GWM Points, and many other privileges worth over 136,000 baht in total.
GWM is also displaying its smart driving innovations that reflect its leading position in the global automotive industry, such as GWM LEMON hybrid DHT Technology and GWM LEMON E, giving visitors a closer look at the driving innovations of the future. Visitors are welcome to join a variety of engaging activities via GWM Fun, where they can collect points to redeem for souvenirs and special prizes, while our Intelligent Ambassadors (iAM) team is standing by to give assistance. Customers can also shop for GWM lifestyle products and souvenirs and refresh themselves with a warm welcome from staff at the GWM Bar and Lifestyle Lounge.
Interested visitors can also register at the GWM booth to test-drive the All New HAVAL H6 Hybrid SUV, All New HAVAL JOLION Hybrid and ORA Good Cat on site at the event.
For 2022, GWM continues to focus on its four-pillar strategy:
- Products: GWM is planning to launch five car models from three brands this year.
- Network expansion: GWM is expanding its network of GWM Direct Stores and Partner Stores by 50 additional locations in 2022, bringing its network to cover 80 crucial locations across Thailand. On March 23, the newest GWM Direct Store will be opened at Siam Square One, the lifestyle center for the tech-savvy younger generation, who readily embrace new brands. This store will be the latest GWM-operated service center for customers and consumers interested in GWM products and services.
- Charging stations: GWM is proactively supporting the development of the xEV ecosystem by expanding its charging station network to 55 locations in 2022.
- User experience: GWM employs a user-centric approach to strengthening the good experience between brands and customers in many areas. This includes bringing after-sales service into the GWM app and integrating the information of over 80% of charging stations across the nation into the app for customers’ better convenience in searching, navigating, booking and making a payment for any charging spots.
Explore the full showcase of these state-of-the-art electric vehicles, intelligent driving technologies and engaging activities from GWM at booth A4 at the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show, Challenger Hall 1-3, IMPACT Muang Thong Thani from March 23 to April 3, 2022, from 12:00 to 22:00 hrs. on weekdays and 11:00 to 22:00 hrs. on weekends and public holidays.