– 1.5-liter SKYACTIV Clean Diesel engine develops high torque and low fuel consumption of 26.3km/L
– 1.3-liter SKYACTIV Gasoline engine offers low fuel consumption of 23.3km/L
– Intelligent G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus) realizes smooth, efficient vehicle behavior
– The Mazda Connect system now support Apple CarPlay
– 360-degree View Monitor + Front Parking Sensor (center/corner)
– Cruise control and Sports Paddle Shift
– Active safety i-ACTIVSENSE
– Debut at this year’s Motor Expo 2019
Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd. is sending the New Mazda2 to compete in the highly-contested city car market. The 2019 Mazda2 comes with a large number of outstanding features, including SKYACTIV engine technology that offers the highest output as well as the best fuel economy in the market. The latest KODO Design elements give the new Mazda2 an elegant image both inside and out, with the “Less is More” concept similar to the larger Mazda3. Both 1.5-liter diesel and 1.3-liter gasoline engine choices are available, along with sedan and 5-door hatchback body styles. Retail pricing starts at Bt546,000.
Mr. Chanchai Trakarnudomsuk, President of Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd., said 2019 is a historic year for Mazda, with a total of six new models being introduced. “Customer response was over our expectations this year, and Mazda is moving up a step to set the benchmark in the city car segment. The New Mazda2 is the city car with the best performance and lowest fuel consumption in the market – it will take you to a new level and open up a whole new world,” he said.
“The Mazda2 is one of the company’s most successful models – since it was first introduced in 2009, accumulated sales have reached 120,000 units. The second-generation model was launched in January 2015, and was met with historic success, enabling Mazda to move up to the No.1 position in the small car market (eco car and city car) with sales of over 160,000 units,” he added. “Today Mazda is about to set a new standard for the small car market with the introduction of the New Mazda2, the city car with the best performance and fuel economy,” Mr. Chanchai said.
Mr. Thee Permpongpanth, Vice President for Marketing and Government Affairs, added that apart from introducing the New Mazda2 at this year’s Motor Expo, Mazda will also bring its whole model lineup in the country for exhibition. “The highlights will be the All-New Mazda3, New Mazda CX-5 (especially the 2.5-liter turbo model), as well as the All-New CX-8 that is filled with the latest technologies along with the “Less is More” design concept, offering the highest luxury level in its class. It comes with improved SKYACTIV technology with even more power and better fuel economy, as well as i-ACTIVSENSE that has been improved, and Mazda Connect with Apple CarPlay,” he said.
Also to be shown is the Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Limited Edition that has been introduced in June this year. In September the All-New Mazda3 was introduced and attracted thousands of fans to the launch event. The New Mazda CX-5 meanwhile, received a facelift and new 2.5-liter turbo engine in October, becoming the most powerful SUV in the market. “Most recently in November we created a new segment in the market with the 3-row crossover like the All-New Mazda CX-8 to give Thai customers a change to use an SUV that is based on a passenger car. All this have put Mazda in the spotlight this year, and from January to the present, Mazda’s sales have reached 55,000 units,” he said.
The Mazda2 features the latest KODO Design that is simple yet elegant with the “Less is More” concept both inside and out. Design updates include the front and rear bumpers, front grille, headlights, tail lights plus new 16-inch alloy wheels. The interior boasts high-grade materials for the console, door panel and newly-designed seats that has been developed under the SKYACTIV-Vehicle Architecture foundation. The G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus) system adjusts engine torque as well as applies the brake if needed in order to maintain the highest level of stability and control. With smoother corner entry and exits, the driver and passenger suffers from lower fatigue levels during long drives.
The interior carries a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) concept, featuring Active Driving Display on the front windshield allowing the driver to keep his or her eyes on the road at all times, Sports Paddle Shift behind the steering wheel, and Cruise Control. Connectivity is enhanced with Mazda Connect that supports Apple CarPlay, featuring a 7-inch touchscreen plus Center Commander control knob.
The New Mazda2 is available with two engine choices. First is the 1.5-liter SKYACTIV-D engine with variable turbocharger capable of developing 105ps and 250Nm. It provides excellent response as well as an extremely low fuel consumption of 26.3km/l*. The second engine is the 1.3-liter SKYACTIV-G engine producing 93ps and 123Nm, with a fuel economy of 23.3km/l*. Both engines are eco-friendly and pass the Euro 5 emission standards.
– New Mazda2 1.3 E Bt546,000
– New Mazda2 1.3 C Bt602,000
– New Mazda2 1.3 D Bt627,000
– New Mazda2 1.3 S LEATHER Bt648,000
– New Mazda2 1.3 SP Bt690,000
– New Mazda2 XD Bt782,000
– New Mazda2 XDL Bt799,000
– New Mazda2, 1.99% interest, 1 year Mazda Premium Insurance
– All-New Mazda3, 1.99% interest, 1 year Mazda Premium Insurance, free 5-year/100,000km labor cost for scheduled inspection and 5-year/150,000km Mazda Added Protection
– Mazda CX-3, 0% interest for maximum 6 years, 1 year Mazda Premium Insurance
– New Mazda CX-5, 1.99% interest, Mazda Premium Insurance, free 5-year/100,000km labor cost for scheduled inspection and 5-year/150,000km Mazda Added Protection
– All-New Mazda CX-8, 1.99% interest, Mazda Premium Insurance, free 5-year/100,000km labor cost for scheduled inspection and 5-year/150,000km Mazda Added Protection
– Mazda BT-50 PRO, Down payment starting at Bt25,000, 1 year Mazda Premium Insurance
– Mazda MX-5, 1 year Mazda Premium Insurance and 5-year/150,000km Mazda Added Protection