In a historic first, Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants has announced the 2021 list of restaurants ranked from 51st-100th. The move is designed to shine a light on a wider array of establishments across the region to inspire food lovers as they consider their future dining and travel plans.
William Drew, Director of Content at Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, says: “This year we have decided to publish the list of restaurants ranked from 51-100, created from the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants voting process, in order to recognise a greater number of venues than ever before. The global pandemic has been devastating for hospitality and it is vital that we support restaurants across Asia in their recovery.”
The 51-100 list: A Snapshot
- Japan and Thailand each count nine restaurants on the list while Mainland China claims eight entries
- Meta in Singapore, the 2021 recipient of the American Express One To Watch Award, lands at No.60
- The list includes a first-time appearance from the Maldives. The archipelagic state is represented by Aragu, in the Velaa resort on the Noonu Atoll, landing at No.96
- The namesake restaurant of chef Supinya ‘Jay Fai’ Junsuta, the winner of the 2021 Icon Award, appears at No.62.
- South Korea claims four places on the list
- India and the Philippines are both represented by two restaurants
- Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Indonesia each count one restaurant on the list
The Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list will be revealed in an online ceremony on 25th March, from 4.30pm HK/SG (5.30pm JPN). The awards ceremony will be broadcast to a global audience via Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants Facebook, the 50 Best Restaurants TV YouTube channel and Zoom.