If you’re currently in Bangkok, or any Southeast Asian city for that matter, you’ve probably noticed (and certainly smelled) the iconic durian fruit being sold everywhere, from street-side vendors to markets and even in shopping malls.
That can only mean one thing: the “King of Fruits” is now in season!
While available all year round, this soft, buttery and rather prickly fruit is best experienced from Now to August when it’s particularly delicious.
To celebrate the durian’s prominent presence in the city, you can now visit us here at Centara Grand at CentralWorld where you can try a range of “Chanee” and “Monthong” durian menu items at Ventisi restaurant and Zing bakery.
Our unique durian menu has been created by the hotel’s experienced Executive Pastry Chef Thawat together with the rest of his team. Priced from just THB 45++, the 12 exciting items are listed below:
- Durian Double Cheesecake THB 180++ / piece
- Durian Tiramisu THB 180++ / piece
- Kanyao Durian white Chocolate Truffle with Green Durian Skin THB 45++ / piece
- Durian Strawberry Chocolate Truffle THB 45++ / piece
- Chocolate Durian Opera Cake THB 180++ / piece
- Durian & Coconut Mousse THB 180++ / piece
- Monthong Ice Cream THB 180++ / cup
- Purple Sweet Potato Durian Roll THB 180++ / piece
- Macaroon Sticky Rice with Durian 180++ THB / piece
- Durian Pop THB 180++ / piece
- Chiffon Coconut Cream with Durian THB 180++ / piece
- Durian Pandan Shortcake THB 180++ / piece
Guests can also enjoy a unique “Durian Afternoon Tea” featuring a variety of durian delicacies alongside traditional scones with durian jam and a choice of hot beverages for THB 888++ per set for 2 persons, served daily at Ventisi restaurant and Zing bakery.
Availability: Now to 31 August 2022
Find out more about Centara Grand at CentralWorld below:
Facebook: Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld