The cooperation between the OCTB and the TCEB will involve exchanging delegations to share information and experience in MICE and business events. It will foster mutual support and strengthened collaboration in promoting and attracting all kinds of business events.
The Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (OCTB, President: Hiroshi Mizohata) and the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) on December 19, 2022, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the MICE industry, signifying the strengthened cooperation and collaboration between the two parties in revitalizing the business events industry.
By signing the MOU, the OCTB and TCEB mark a new chapter in strengthening cooperation between Japan and Thailand and creating a new avenue for achieving mutual goals.
In signing the MOU, both parties strengthen their cooperation with the following four measures:
- We are encouraging the MICE events of both parties to establish business connections with each other, as well as encouraging participation in trade shows, meetings, incentive tours, conventions, and exhibitions organized by one or both parties, e.g., JATA, IT&CM Asia, etc.
- We exchanged information about the business events market and product development, including market research and development.
- Co-organizing opportunities for foreign agencies and media to introduce the respective business events potential of Osaka and Bangkok
- Co-organizing meetings to promote cooperation between the MICE destinations of both countries
Also mentioned in the MOU is the strengthening of cooperation to develop MICE industry training and to foster talent, and includes the following items:
- the exchange of experts, instructors, and students from both parties’ respective MICE training institutions
- the exchange of information on MICE training courses, curricula, and programs
- support for each other’s MICE training institutions
- providing special privileges for participating in seminars and training sessions organized by each bureau
Edited by: Supaporn Pholrach (Joom)