In a ground-breaking move that stands to reshape the hospitality arena, Accor, the unparalleled leader in hospitality across the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific, is poised to rewrite records with its vigorous expansion in Asia’s Premium, Midscale, and Economy divisions.
By the close of September, Accor had inked deals for a staggering 42 establishments, an addition of more than 11,000 keys, fortifying its formidable Asian portfolio. The trajectory indicates an addition of 20 more establishments by year-end, with a total of over 15,000 keys. Amidst this expansive strategy, Accor emphasises the Premium domain, as evidenced by its partnership with esteemed brands such as Pullman, Swissôtel, Mövenpick, and Grand Mercure – securing deals with a whopping 17 hotels. Concurrently, the brand’s unwavering dominance in the Midscale and Economy niche continues, predominantly under the Novotel, Mercure, and ibis banners.
Garth Simmons, the Chief Executive Officer for Accor’s Premium, Midscale, and Economy Division in Asia, elucidated, “Accor’s unparalleled dedication to Asia is manifest in our aggressive growth paradigms. By consistently establishing new industry standards through the sheer volume of properties and keys, as well as the integration of avant-garde brands, we address the multifaceted demands of Asia’s dynamic hospitality clientele. With our momentum unyielding, Accor unambiguously pioneers the hospitality sector’s evolution in Asia.”
Recent Accolades in Accor’s Expansion:
- Grand Mercure Bangkok Sukhumvit 68 (Thailand): An oasis in the heart of Bangkok, this establishment beckons with top-tier amenities, encapsulating the quintessence of the Grand Mercure brand, ensuring a captivating experience for wanderlust souls.
- Grand Mercure Amritsar Airport Road (India): The imminent Grand Mercure in the cultural crucible of Amritsar promises a juxtaposition of Accor’s contemporary ethos and Amritsar’s timeless allure, setting a new hospitality benchmark.
- Pullman Amritsar (India): Accor’s upcoming Pullman property, set to grace Amritsar in 2027, is positioned to cater to the discerning needs of modern-day business and leisure aficionados, with luxe accommodations and unparalleled facilities.
- Mövenpick Living West Hanoi (Vietnam): Slated for a Q4 2024 opening, this gem in Hanoi’s business heartland offers the perfect blend of convenience and opulence, epitomizing the brand’s commitment to long-stay excellence.
- Novotel Genting Highlands (Malaysia): Destined for a 2031 launch, this addition to Malaysia’s premier tourist hotspot promises a holistic experience replete with state-of-the-art amenities and positioned within a bustling development epicentre.
In this ambitious phase of expansion, Accor’s commitment to its partners, stakeholders, and guests is evident. Its strategic signings, coupled with an unparalleled guest-centric approach, firmly establish Accor as the beacon guiding the future of hospitality in Asia.
Written by: Supaporn Pholrach (Joom)