Festive afternoon tea and lavish buffets on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are among an array of festivities with a Mediterranean flair ushering in Meliá Chiang Mai’s first season to be merry.
After an April debut in the heart of Chiang Mai, the hotel will host buffets on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
On site, the hotel’s holiday line-up looks as follows:
- Spanish mulled wine, priced at THB 320 (USD 8.45) per glass will be served daily at Ruen Kaew Lounge from 5pm to 10pm from 1 December 2022 – 31 January 2023.
- The ‘Festive Sparkling Afternoon Tea’ for two, held at Ruen Kaew Lounge daily between 2pm-5pm from 1 December until 31 January, comprises sweet and savoury Spanish favourites, a choice of either two glasses of Sangria or two glasses of Spanish Cava, as well as tea and coffee. Priced at THB 1,499 (USD 39.60) nett per set.
- To be staged at all-day-dining restaurant Laan Na Kitchen on 24 December from 6pm – 10pm, the ‘Spanish Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet’ will feature a wide selection of quintessential Spanish dishes and desserts. Barbecued meats and seafood will be on offer at the show kitchen. Paella, tapas and pinchos will be complemented by a fresh and healthy Mediterranean salad bar. Santa Claus will delight the kids with Christmas gifts. A strolling live saxophonist will serenade diners. The price is THB 2,023 (USD 53.45) nett per person. Children from six to 12 years of age will receive a 50% discount and children aged under five years are free of charge. An additional THB 1,499 (USD 39.60) nett per person applies for two-hour free flow soft drinks, chilled juice, draught beer, house wine and sparkling wine.
- On Christmas Day, 25 December, from 6pm – 10pm, on the 21st floor of the hotel, signature restaurant Mai Restaurant & Bar will offer a delectable four-course set Northern Thai dinner created by executive chef Suksant Chutinthratip (Billy) and sous chef Karn Phojun. The dinner will start with a Christmas platter followed by a creamy hot and sour soup with locally raised turkey and farm produce. The main course is a choice between slow and tender roasted beef fillet steak with spicy toasted rice gravy, root vegetables and potatoes or wok-fried Andaman tiger prawns, New Zealand mussels, squid and lotus stems with salted egg rice. To wish diners a Merry Christmas, the festive menu ends with a Christmas treasure box of desserts. The dinner is priced at THB 1,999 (USD 52.80) nett per person and includes a glass of house wine.
- On the last evening of 2022, 31 December, the ‘New Year’s Eve Lavish Buffet’ from 6pm – 10pm at Laan Na Kitchen will brim with Mediterranean delicacies as a live bossa nova band performs. Live cooking stations include a grill station with tender cuts of steak and tiger prawns. Other highlights include craft roasted prime ribs, Moroccan spiced lamb, a ‘Khao Soi’ station and healthy Mediterranean salad bar. A magician will entertain the youngsters who will all have free access to KIDSDOM, the hotel’s kids club on the 2nd floor. The buffet is THB 2,566 (USD 67.80) nett per person. Children from six to 12 years old receive 50% discount and children aged under five years are free of charge. An additional THB 1,499 (USD 39.60) nett per person applies for two-hour free flow soft drinks, chilled juice, draught beer, house wine and sparkling wine.
- On 1 January, the New Year’s Day ‘Delicious Temptation’ set menu will be served at Mai Restaurant & Bar from 6pm – 10pm. The menu starts with a New Year’s Day Platter that includes green rice crusted shrimp cake, Northern style pork salad and galloping horses followed by tom kha soup with crabmeat, young coconut and fresh turmeric. The main course is a choice between grilled sirloin steak with scented gravy and tamarind glazed vegetables or grilled Andaman yellow curry tiger prawns with crab roe brown rice. Finished with a new year’s treasure box of desserts, the four-course set menu is THB 2,300 (USD 60.80) nett per person and includes a glass of house wine.
A 15% early bird discount applies to Spanish Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet and New Year’s Eve Lavish Buffet if booked by 30 November 2022. A 50% deposit is required at the time of reservation.
With a selection of function venues ideal for gatherings of up to 350 guests, Meliá Chiang Mai is offering its ‘Party Package’ for private year-end parties and corporate functions. Priced at THB 1,999 (USD 52.85) nett per person for a buffet, the package includes complimentary venue usage with stage setup, standard audio visuals, wi-fi internet access, flower decorations on every table and a complimentary bottle of house wine for every 10 paying guests.
For more details or to make a booking, please contact +66 52 090 699 or email email@example.com
Prices are inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% government tax.